cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration strategies - Questions about using IDOC XML?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. First time poster here. I am looking for some information for a project for a client and I am hoping someone can give me a pointer to where to start.

I need to connect my clients SAP system to an XML based software package. I have heard about IDOC XML and I hope I can use this technology to do the following:

1. Extract PO's from SAP

2. Insert PO changes to SAP (Price, Delivery, Quantity, etc.)

3. Extract RFQ information from SAP

4. Insert vendor quotations for those RFQ's

Are there existing IDOC XML document types for these transactions?

Does SAP have a tool that generates the IDOC XML and makes the data available as a disk file?

Does SAP have a tool that can read an IDOC XML from a disk file and submit it for insertion into SAP?

Would I need to do any programming on the SAP side to accept the data into SAP or are there, for instance, specific IDOC XML documents for uploading changes to existing PO's?

Is there documentation avaialble that will answer these kinds of questions?

Thank you in advance

David Kuehner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hello. First time poster here. I am looking for some information for a project for a client and I am hoping someone can give me a pointer to where to start.

>

> I need to connect my clients SAP system to an XML based software package. I have heard about IDOC XML and I hope I can use this technology to do the following:

>

> 1. Extract PO's from SAP

> 2. Insert PO changes to SAP (Price, Delivery, Quantity, etc.)

> 3. Extract RFQ information from SAP

> 4. Insert vendor quotations for those RFQ's

>

> Are there existing IDOC XML document types for these transactions?

> Does SAP have a tool that generates the IDOC XML and makes the data available as a disk file?

> Does SAP have a tool that can read an IDOC XML from a disk file and submit it for insertion into SAP?

> Would I need to do any programming on the SAP side to accept the data into SAP or are there, for instance, specific IDOC XML documents for uploading changes to existing PO's?

>

> Is there documentation avaialble that will answer these kinds of questions?

>

> Thank you in advance

>

> David Kuehner

You can use XML port for IDOC xml output to file disk or XML-HTTP port to send and receive message through HTTP protocol.

Search for SAP Help ALE