Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOA not validation happen for deleted Material group

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ALL,

I have deleted a materail group in ECC side but I have removed the product category from organisation structure so i can not use for product category for shopping. well and good.

but Why SRM allows to create a GOA thogh the material group was deleted in ECC.

The same thing happening while creating contract for deleted material(in ECC side) . NO VALIDATION IN GOA like SRM does validation while creating Shopping cart.

however ECC is an intelligent system and validates and no allowed to distribute in the back end for the deleted material and material group.

How you guys over come this issue in your accounts?

How do you handle removing of product category permanently from SRM system and it should not allow to create any business object for deleted material group like CONTRACT.

br

Muthu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding GOA it doesn't make any validations with backend. It is designed to replicate with several backends hence it is beiever the data what you give is true.

Not only materials even if you enter deleted services the system will try to create GOA contract without any error message. To resolve the same please have a custom FM which will call RFC in the backend to check for deletion status.

Deleted product category. Did you tried to run R3as again ?

If it still didn't worked out better speak with SAP they might have reports for this. I would also like to know how you resolve it.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

SRM must validate deleted stuffs while creating business object

Why it is allowing to create a business object for deleted material / material group in SRM.

How it was behaves while create a sc.

SRM should behave like ECC .

SAP ECC is very clever system .

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have raised with SAP several times and say it is the limitation as GOA is distribution document designed to several backends. RFC call is very costly call in terms of performance issue if we got one srm and multiple backends it will not check the status in several backends.

We have to use custom logic only and populate an error message by Item_check badi.

I have same greivances you have bro. Can't do anything on that.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thnaks.

What about SRM 7.0 GOA guys? Same issue persisting?

Br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muthu,

1. Contracts and SC are two different business objects in SRM and designed for different purpose. While a SC uses the product category to determine which logical system it should end up in, a contract doesnt use product category to determine which system it can be used in. Hence the behaviour shouldn't be compared.

2. Also what you say is a much desired feature in SRM to be a smart solution, it would only work smart when you have only one ERP backend. However if there are multiple backends that you are dealing with then you would not be able to use this product category in any of the backend ERP systems.

3. While a synchronous check with the ERP system can be done in a SC which typically has less than 10 items, it can potentially grind the system to a halt if this and many other "smart checks" are done in SRM synchronously to each ERP system for each Purch Org in the distribution screen because it is not unusual for a contract to have more than 1000 items.

Hope this explains.

BTW, this is also not covered even in SRM 7.

If you think this is a valid requirement for you, I would recommend doing such checks in BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI badi if the results are needed online or removing such items from being distributed to ERP by filtering in the BBP_CTR_BE_CREATE BADI.

Cheers

Sumat

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumat

Please inform contract expertise to take care of this in future.

br

muthu

Answers (0)