cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety Stock10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an requirement where i I need to have the Safety stock exection only for the Customer group2.

eg: Material XYZ with stock 56

Safety stock -10

now when i create a sales order with order quantity 50 system should exclude the Safety stock 10 and confirm the Quantity 46 only .BUT THIS I WANT ONLY FOR CUSTOMER GROUP 2 AND STORAGE LOCATION WH.

Pls guide me for the same. How shd is do this .

warm reagrds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i assume the material is sourced from a single plant. theoretically, this could be possible in standard.

1. first, you define 2 availability check types. assign these to check rules and define different controls in OVZ9, one considering safety stock and the other not.

2. now, in the material master-MRP views, you need to change the availability check types just before you process a sales order, using the right availability check type with regard to the customer group of the Sold-to party.

if you are processing only a few sales orders, this could be workable. however, if the daily orders run to the hundreds, this may not be practical.

instead, you would have to create the material in 2 or more virtual plants, each with a different availability check type. however, virtual plants will have FI implications.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you dear friend for the helpful answer........

can you pls also tell me the entire Proces Step by step along wit the Path , so that i can run the test scenario after that.

As far as I understand the safety stock is maintained on Plant level in MRP 2 and not on Storage location Level ,I want to execute the same for particular Customer group (Wholesaler) and stoarge location for that customer .may be you have some solution on this .

kindly help.....

Sana.

Edited by: samantaN on Nov 11, 2009 7:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i will discuss first how you can program storage location sourcing for customers belonging to different groups.

1. first, you define different shipping conditions by going to IMG > Log Execution > Shipping > Basic Func > Shipping Pt and Goods Rcvg Pt > Shipping condition. you define one shipping condition for wholesalers, and another for regular sales.

2. now you will assignthese shipping conditions to the customers in Customer Master > Sales Area Data > Shipping.

3. next, you define shipping point determination in IMG > Log Execution > Shipping > Basic Func > Shipping Pt and Goods Rcvg Pt > Assign Shipping Points. in here, you will want a different point to be determined based on the shipping condition (please refer to other threads).

4. each of this shipping point can lead to a different storage location to be sourced. to assign storage location to shippng point, you go to IMG > Shipping > Picking > Determine Picking Location > Assign Picking Location.

once you have all these, when you make a sales order a shipping point will automatically be determined. and when you create a delivery, a storage location will also be determined as appropriate for the customer.

regards.

Answers (0)