SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate PARTNER object without telefone number

miguel_silva3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I try to migrate the object Partner without telefone numbers but the log erros return the follow message:

Message no. R1304

Field 'Telephone' with short description 'Telephone no.: dialling code+number' has been set within Customizing as a required field. There is, however, no entry in this field.

Can anyone tell me here i can disable this customizing for the telefone number field.

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the following path:

SPRO->IMG->Cross-Application Components->SAP Business Partner->Business Partner->Basic Settings->Field Groupings->Configure Field Attributes Per BP Role.

Here, Select the Role for which you want to change the rule, and then in the ADDRESSES option, scroll to Address: Telephone Number option. Check the Opt Entry or Not Spec. Option, and remove the Req. Entry option.

Regards,

Sachin

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the following path:

SPRO->IMG->Cross-Application Components->SAP Business Partner->Business Partner->Basic Settings->Field Groupings->Configure Field Attributes Per BP Role.

Here, Select the Role for which you want to change the rule, and then in the ADDRESSES option, scroll to Address: Telephone Number option. Check the Opt Entry or Not Spec. Option, and remove the Req. Entry option.

Regards,

Sachin

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Per Fritz on duplicate thread:

Hi Miguel,

Check with transaction BUS2 -> double-click on Address: Telephone Number (fld group 72) -> change to Field Group -> Fields with a double-click. Then check wether the TELNUMBER fields are marked as required fields (field is space).

Cheers,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Thanks Bill for copying my answer and combining it into the second thread 🐵

Cheers,

Fritz

miguel_silva3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Thank you for the help, but i try it again and don't resolve my problem.

Anyone now another way to customizing this field.

Thank you

0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two different types of telephone numbers which can be maintained:

- Address Dependent

- Address Independent

Please check if the Required Field flag is unchecked for both of these options and try again.

Also, just check if you are trying to create the Business Partner in the same role for which you have made the changes to customizing?

Regards,

Sachin

0 Kudos

Miguel,

Can you create online a business partner with exactly the same data (w/o telefone number) without any problems? I just want to check wether it is a general problem or a migration specific problem.

Cheers,

Fritz

miguel_silva3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the help,

The problem is with transport order, when we try to transport the modifications, the order don't apply the modifications of the required field.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos

Miguel,

Does this mean that the migration and/or online transaaction works in the development system but not in the QA or TST system?

Cheers,

Fritz