cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get the "Full cycle SAP project experience"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,experts

I'm a beginner of PI and familar with java,now i have got good acquaintence of PI architecture and familiar with ESR and ID in PI,but now i'm confused with the development aspect of PI expert...one thing is that full cycle sap project experience is a must,but how can i get that while i just always repeating the boring creation of PI objects and do the mapping,routing tasks etc...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

If you started working with new implementation project then you will get a chnace to involve in all phases like Blue printing,analysys,realization,development testing.

Creation of obejcts in ESR or ID its not a big deal,but when you are working with complex landscape then you feel to elanr and many newthing in PI how to achieve the requirement using Writing some good UDF and using node function ...Adapter Modules or JAVA Mapping or XSLT Mappings..and many.

When you get in to SAP PI project,when you started development first you will start analysing the functional document and then you will start preparing techincal specification,then mapping specification then development,testing..these all tasks happend in pahse by phase.after completion of development then you wl tesing the interfaces ,preparing test cases...

we can say full lide cycle implemenattion prijects invloves above all tasks.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Raj

thanks for your advice...but i also wonder if i should study abap and fouction such as MM,SD,FI/CO etc.

is that knowledge nessesary for XI/PI domain?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I say its not required,but its nice to know functional knowledge,ABAP programming knowledge.

When you working with ABAP Proxy'S and ABAP Mapping then you need to write ABAP coding.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (0)