cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Amount not updating itself by adding a new Condition Type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all gurus,

here the problem is that i have created a Sales Order, with reference to which, i have created a Delivery Document, then PGI, after then Billing Document.

now i need to have one more condition type, suppose JVAT, is taken as 2%.

now when i m adding this Condition Type in sales order, the Total Amount is updated Automatically. But when i am adding this condition type during Billing Document (change mode via VF02 ), in this case the amount is not updated, whats the problem exactly.

please help soon, i am always here for any further query.

thanx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are changing in invoice.But these changes will not appear in total amount because the amount has already passed to accounting.So all these changes will not appear.Check whether the accounting document is already generated or not?

If it is generated then it is not going to be updated in the total for the above specified reason.

So you have to cancel this invoice by using VF11/VF02 and create a new one with reference to that sales order/delivery.

Make sure that price source is maintained as "Blank(Order)" in copy control.Also miantain the price type as "D(Copy pricing elements unchanged)".

Save.

As you have already maintained this new condition type in your order,the same will appear in invoice.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once the Billing document was saved, the changes in the Sales order won't effect to the Billing.

You have to Cancel the Billing document and rebill to see the effects of New pricing.

Please Cancel the Billing document and Re-bill to see the new pricing conditions in the Billing.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

System would not determine the manullay entered conditions in change mode as relevan accou nting entries has already been passed.

If you want to enter any manual condition enter it before saving the document in VF01.

Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Firstly is the Billing set up to be Order related or Delivery related?

You will have to go to IMG and find the Copy Control settings based on the aswer to the above question.

Under Copy control at the Item level You will find the settings in the field Pricing Type which can tell you whether you can carry out price updates in Billing document or not.

If you are allowed to change the price in the Billing Document as per the Company policies, you can select "B" in the Pricing Type field, and then try to add the condition type in Billing Document.

Best Regards