cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method to determine the name of the portal iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need a method/class to get the name and other parameters of the iview the webdynpro application is being called from.

We're on SRM Component 7.00 with support package 2.

Please guide.

Regards

m@m

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The Portal APIs in Web Dynpro don't provide this information. What exactly are you trying to control? Normally it isn't recommended that you would tie anything to the iView name. Perhaps the only way to do this is to pass the information in as URL parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I am working on SRM and I have very limited knowledge of webdynpros and FPM. Our requirement is to display the shopping cart screen, which is now webdynpro abap and out of my comfort zone, in different iviews. To elaborate it, the customer wants to be able to see 8 different personalized forms/views of the shopping cart in the portal, each link referring to a different a category. Unfortunately in standard SRM there are no transaction types for Shopping carts and the BAdIs that used to work earlier with ITS based screens do not work with the WDA. Hence, I reckon i can get by a lot of development by doing a little modification to the Business object. Create different iviews in portal and maintain transaction type for each in a custom table. I have debugged the BO and know where the mod can be inserted. Is there a class/method i can call in another method to determine the properties & name of the iview the wda application is being launched from?

Please suggest a better solution.

Regards

m@m

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Is there a class/method i can call in another method to determine the properties & name of the iview the wda application is being launched from?

No there isn't. Why not when you create the iViews, use different web dynpro configurations. The configuration might be able to control the changes you want without even needing a modification. At least the configuration ID can be read from within the web dynpro component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice. WDA is not really my area. Cam you point to any material I can read through regarding this?

Regards

m@m

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Here is the section of the online help where you can read about application and component configuration:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/b170d256293c5ce10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

I went through the help and another document on FPM. I believe the SRM Shopping cart is an FPM application.

I have already found one solution.

Solution:

Create a Custom iView in portal and pass a unique id to the FPM application parameter 'SAPSRM_TX_CONTEXT_ID'. This will be visible in the BO class and with some enhancement/mods in the BO class I can fufil my requirement.

The second solution i can think of is creating a custom i view and in the configuration name field in the portal iviews property, enter a custom application config name. This config is defined under the 'Application configurations' node in the WDA explorer. In my case it is '/SAPSRM/WDAC_I_FPM_OIF_SC_PROF'.

I am a little confused. What is application config? Can I create a custom config that will allow me to change UI elememts(properties like visibility/labels) and assign this variant to my custom portal iview?

Regards

m@m

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to the useful respones. i was able to customize the views in WDA, by creating Z* application configs and assigning to the iview.

Regards

Ali