Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DYNAMIC SIMULATION MENU IN SEM BPS PLEASE ANSWER

Former Member
0 Kudos

DYNAMIC SIMULATION MENU IN SEM BPS PLEASE ANSWER

Hi everbody,

I cannot see menu "dynamic simulation" and planning function "dynamic simulation" in our company's SEM System. Installation details are so:

Component version : Netweaver 04

Database: Oracle 9.2.0.5.0

SAP_ABA 640 0010 SAPKA64010

SAP_BASIS 640 0010 SAPKB64010

PI_BASIS 2004_1_640 0006 SAPKIPYI66

SAP_BW 350 0010 SAPKW35010

FINBASIS 300 0012 SAPK-30012INFINBASIS

SEM-BW 400 0012 SAPKGS4012

BI_CONT 353 0005 SAPKIBIFP5

Does SAP not support integration with Powersim in this new version of SEM or is there another way to integrate Powersim with BPS? I have seen these menus in version SEM 3.20 with underlying BW version of 3.10.

Thank you very much.

With best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andrea_previati
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Songul

Power SIM simulation is a third party application produced by Power Sim and is not basically bundled in SEM BPS nor in BW. I think it needs a separate licence.

Hope it helps

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I know that Powersim is sold by own and has seperate license, but to connect Powersim and BPS there is a delivered planning function in SEM-BPS as I read and in "Planning" menu (in screen bps0) was a menu named "dynamic simulation" in Version SEM 3.2, I had seen this menu option in Version SEM 3.2.

I think these menus are necessary to call simulation model that is prepared by Powersim, otherwise how can I connect my Powersim model to BPS?

Can be the problem Support Package level or something that is not installed to system?

Thanks very much

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andrea_previati
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you need to install power studio also locally.

If your installation of Power SIm studio is right you should go trought "Dynamic simulation" in your planning functions to the Power sim model

In this paper is displayed the way of this integration works

http://www.powersim.com/common/pdf/sap-powersim.pdf

Take a look also at :

www.powersim.com/common/pdf/studio2003_users_manual.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed Powersim locally.

My Problem is: I cannot find in SEM system "Dynamic simulation" in my planning functions as you said.

I have written before this message that I have found this planning function in Version SEM 3.20, now I use SEM-BW 4.00 Add-on, BW 3.5.

Maybe that supports no more integration with Powersim or something fails in installation or with another way I should go through BPS to Powersim that is changed with new version.

Thanks so much for papers.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found the how it works in OSS Note 724419.

I should execute a report UPC_APPL_ACTIVATE, now I see dynamis simulation in planning functions, it seems to work.

Thanks alot Andrea.