cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias Settings

0 Kudos

When I check the system Alias on our QA system I get an entry : (Ready for user mapping configuration).

Not sure if this is because the upgrade I have just completed or the fact that I have two system in the landscape.

When I go to user admin and user mappings I don't get any systems listed there on the logon data tab.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1) First create System Aliases

i.e system admin>> sys config >> create a System >> open the system >> select system aliases from the display drop down >> then create the alias (set is as default)

2) Now you go to user mapping, you will get the system defiantly.

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

PS: Reward me, if it sloves your problem

0 Kudos

Tried that, didn't work. Still showing as "Ready for user mapping configuration" in the alias as well.

Ian

0 Kudos

Tried that, didn't work. Still showing as "Ready for user mapping configuration" in the alias as well.

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

1. Go to the system created and give permissions for the user who needs to do this process. [eg: Administrator]

a. System Admin - > System Configuration - > System Landscape - > Portal Content.

b. Right Click . Open permissions and check. Pls check also the End user check box.

2. Now go to User Admin - > User Mapping

You should now be able to see the system you want to.

Set the user mapping for the particular user.

3. Now go to System Admin - > Support - > Support Desk - > SAP Application - > SAP Transaction

Select the System , Transaction code and SAP GUI type and click on "Go".

4. It should connect to your system.

Regards,

venkat.

[Pls reward points if useful]

0 Kudos

Thats still not working. The users are in a strange situation as I do get user information back, but the state hasn't changed and i'm not seeing the system in the user mappings drop down list.

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Things are very clear.

It is all with the permissions set for the system / folder in which the system is created.

However, by default the user (administrator / super users) will be able to see all the systems created ,provided you have not modified the permissions for the system.

Note : You will not be able to see the system in the User Mapping System list , unless and until you give a "System Alias"

Hope you have given the system alias for the system created.

Regards,

venkat.

Message was edited by: venkat

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1) Check that system is configured in SLD

2) When you do user mapping, provide a valid user, who can access that system.

Hope this go well

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

PS: Reward if it works

0 Kudos

Venkat

I wish things were clear to me! The setup looks fine, exactly the same as LIVE where it works. I have a system Alias but its still not in the user mapping list!

Ian

0 Kudos

Jawahar

SLD???

I'm new to the portal so forgive my lack of knowledge.

Ian

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ian

SLD : System Landsacpe Directory.

You can access http://<localhost>:<port>/sld

define the Technical system under system catalog

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

Note: Please reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

If you want to know about SLD in detail. Mail me at piyush.kumar@wipro.com and I can send you that so that you can understand it well and do things accordingly.

Regards,

Piyush

ps: please award points if useful.

0 Kudos

I have had some very helpful answers, and now I am seeing the service in the user mappings field. Thank you very much.

Mind you it still doesn't solve my main problem of the date settings in the portal being american and not english even though they are at the back end!

Ian