cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing document with email output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have completed all the config to get my billing documents to output via email. However i cannot get VF31 to automatically generate the output for these. Only works if i manually assign output with VF02.

Can anyone advise in simple steps what needs to be done?

Thanks

J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether you have assign "Output determination procedure" to your "Billing type" under transaction V/25.

You can get the relevant "Output determination procedure" for your billing output type from the transaction NACE.

if that assignment is not there, it won't attach the output type automatically.

Please assign your billing type to the procedure and check from beginning.

Best regards,

Anupa

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Thanks for all your assistance with this matter. Having gone through all the settings it appears it was just that the output device wasnt defined.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for being so helpful with my questions. However my issue is that the output against the billing document, whether yellow, green, red should appear after running VF31 against the output type for the first time.

When i use the email output type it is not selecting any of my billing documents on processing type 1

jason_barton
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jamie, a different take on this one for you as follows. Go to table NAST, application should be V3, and enter your output type. Probably worth getting specific on created on date as well. Execute that and get a list. Couple of questions ...

- what value you see in trans. medium column

- what value you see in dispatch time column

- what value you in status column

- also, do you see any entry in msg. manually column?

Please provide some feedback and I think I can help you with VF31 issues.

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jamie

Please confirm whether there are any billing documents which are eligible for processing type 1in VF31. i.e. Billing documents doesn't have any entry at VF03>goto>Header-->output.

try and revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, i am making progress.

i did as you suggested. However VF31 only picks up the billing documents that i have already manually assigned output.

Obviously i was using the repeat mode '2', but on running on mode '1' it still ignores them??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you give the processing mode as "1(First Processing)" then it will be ignored because the status is green.

Goto the T.Code "VF03".Enter the billing document number.

Goto Goto>Header>Output.

Check the status light against your output type.If it is green means that the output is processed for the first time.In that case you have to select the processing mode as "2(Repeat Processing)".

So that your output will be processed again.

In our case,the status is turned to gren because,you have set your entry as "4(Send immediately (when saving the application))" for "Date/Time" field.If every thing is correct regarding your output(configuration etc..) then the output will be processed successfully.Else it will be processed errorously.In your case,every thing is correct.So it is processed successfully.

If you select the option as "1/2/3" for "Date/Time" field.It will be in yellow light.If you are doing manually,then click on "Further data" and maintain the value as "4" for the field "Dispatch time".Again it will be processed successfully.

If the status is yellow,then you can select the processing mode as "1" in "VF31" T.Code.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto the T.Code "VV31".

Enter your output type.Select your condiiton table and maintain the condition records for your output.

In this condition records,maintain the Medium as "5(External send)" as you need to send via mail and Date/Time as "4(Send immediately (when saving the application))".

Save.

Next goto the T.Code "VF31" and maintain that output type and processing mode as "2".

Here you can check your billing document output.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked all that and its assigned correctly everywhere by the looks of it?

Just when i run VF31 against the new output type, its not picking it up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the condition records in VV33 for yout OUTPUT TYPE .

If the OUTPUT no getting triggered automatically , there might be problem with the CONDITION RECORDS .

Alternatively if every thing was set in the VV33 and even though the output not triggered then check if any routine assigned to the OUTPUT TYPE in the OUTPUT DETERMINATION PROCEDRE.

Generally a routine 62 will be set to OUTPUT type to trigger only when the ACCOUNTING DOCUMENT GETS CREATED.

Please check the above options and revert back if still issue persists.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

J

1: Maintain VV31 condition record for your output type.

2: Check your routine assigned to your output type which is responsible for output triggering.

check these two and revert