cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing of messages without namespace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to use PI to process XML-messages from a third-party-system to the RFC-Adapter unsing the Plain-HTTP-Adapter. Unfortunately, the third-party-system does not use a namespace in the XML-messages, but in the ESR, there is always a namespace required to model message types.

How can I create the message types for that system in ESR? Currently the only way that I see ist to create a XSD for each message manually and to import the XSD as external definition. Or is there another way to do that?

regards,

Jens Harzer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
but in the ESR, there is always a namespace required to model message types.

When you create the message type just remove the entry from XML namespace section.....namespace wont come while processing....this section is editable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. tried it right now. The field is editable, but unfortunately, the field is mandatory. I think it is not possible to have this field empty.

regards,

Jens Harzer

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
the field is mandatory. I think it is not possible to have this field empty.

I dont think so.....there is even a blog on SDN which shows how to remove the namespace and process the message.....message processing wont be affected if the nemaspce is removed from XML namespace....you can check my reply here:

Regards,

Abhishek.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible to have an empty XML Namespace in the Message Type.

What error did you get?

Here, after I activate it, I just get a warning:

Check result for Message Type: Test | http://sdn.sap.com/nfe:

Using an empty XML namespace contradicts the WS-I standard

But it activates it nevertheless.

Best,

Henrique.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your input. Of was trying to remove the namespace from the datatype and not from the messagetype. Now I got it working.