cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant Determination in Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

May I know what is the logic behind plant determination in Sales / Billing (SD)?

I have this issue:

When creating a Returns Order based on an (previously created) Invoice, the plant is selected automatically and correctly.

However, when generating the Credit Note (for the Returns Order), the plant is automatically redetermined to another plant.

I do not know why the plant was redetermined.

FYI, the SAP Release is 31H.

Appreciate all the replies.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

Plant determination in SD happens in following seqence:

1.Customer-material record (VD51)

2.Customer Master(default delivering plant)

3.Material master

check these three records

Regards

Sanjay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, navin.

interesting situation where we have to test. however, i do have the following questions:

1. was the returns order created with reference to a preceding SD document such as an order or invoice?

2. if so, was the plant that was determined in the returns order the same as for the preceding document?

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jy,

please note the below reply to your queries:

1. yes, the returns order was created in reference to an Invoice

2. yes, the plant determined was the same

thanks for all the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The order in which system tries to find a plant for determination in the sales order is as below

Customer material info record

Customer Master

Material master

Now, as per me plant getting determined in the returns order is the same as that of the invoice to which you are making a reference but when you are creating a fresh credit note, may be the include which is meant for plant determination is being called again and that is causing the plant to be redetermined in the credit note. Please check the master records that I have mentioned above and compare it with the one in the credit note you have created. If they match, the reason could be that when the old invoice was created, there was different plant in the master records which has been changed now.

Please remember that I have written all this explanation assuming that there are no enhancements written in your system for plant determination. Many of the customers prefer to have their own business logic for platn determination rather than the SAP standard one. I would debug the creation of the credit note to check this.

Hope this helps!

Chandra Kiran