cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing table selection menu in hierarchical table

0 Kudos

Hi,

I just noticed that the table selection menu (upper left corner of the table, the menu which allows "Select all", "Deselect all"...) is missing from my hierarchical table.

How can I get it back?

It seems as soon as I add the TreeByNestingTableColumn to the table, the table selection menu vanishes. Is there any way to stop this from happen and keep it there?

Best regards,

Ralph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

the selection mode is not it - it is correctly set to "multi". In fact, when I remove the TreeByNestingTableColumn element from the table, the Web Dynpro previewer immediately gives me the Table Selection menu back

Best regards,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ralph,

Which NWDS Version are you using? Can give me the steps how to add a TreeNestingTableColumn to the table as I am not able to recreate the same here.

Regards,

Ardhendu

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using NWDS 7.20. When you create a new table and give it a column and a header, you immediately get the Table Selection icon, regardless of whether your selection mode is single or multi.

When I add a "RowArrangement/TreeByNestingTableColumn", the Table Selection icon vanishes immediatelely in the NWDS design view. I guess the issue here is that Web Dynpro cannot be sure what to select in a hierarchical table - only the root elements? All children? Only the leaves? This is of course variable. What I don't understand is that it is not possible to override the code for select all/deselect all using actions that do precisely what is needed for this particular table in question.

Best regards,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ralph,

I also got the same issue after following the steps. I think that the explanation given by you may be right. As for the Code Override I think it will be not possible as It may create the same issues mentioned by you in earlier Message.

Regards,

Ardhendu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ralph,

There is property of the Table called selectionMode. Check that this Property is set to Auto or Muti value so that Multiple rows can be selected using the upper left corner icon in the Table.

Regards

Ardhendu