cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Set,splitter or something to divide a view in areas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to make some componet with two views in the main window,one view should be an ALV and the other a PDF Form. The problem is that the two views should have both scrolls because the user have to introduce information in the ALV based on Pdf.

I can´t find anything that looks quite good, I can´t find something similar to splitter in modulpool or Viewsets in webdynpro for Java o something lets divide the window in two identical areas.

Pleae, any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Miguel ,

use VIEW CONTAINER UI element

You can find examples in the system in the Web Dynpro application, WDR_TEST_UI_ELEMENT.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0d/a7884121a41c09e10000000a155106/content.htm

in ur main view the layout wud appear , to gether with tht , if u wish to display the anothe r view , thn embed tht view in the main view

rgds,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried with two Groups,two Trays and finally with two ViewContainerUIElement, but the problem is that I need to divided the screen in two identical areas and each area should have horizontal scroll and vertical scroll, so the user can move and see all the lines of the ALV. In this three test, the best results was for ViewContainer but I can´t align the ViewContainers, they appears next to each other, but the first in the row one of the screen and the second for example in the row ten.

Finally , I have get a good result with IFrames, I have put 500px * 500px in both IFrames and the screen looks great. But the problem is that I have read IFrames aren´t recommended because they are deprecated

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Refer this thread :

By Thomas:

we do plan to un-depricate the Iframe UI element with NetWeaver 7.0 Enhnacement Package 2 and 7.20

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You definetely don't want or need to use iFrames in this situation.

You can use the layout of the parent view to control how the View Containers will be displayed, just like any other UI elements. Web Dynpro ABAP actually had the ViewSet like WDJ very early on, but it just isn't needed. You can recreate everything the ViewSet does with the ViewContainer and proper use of layouting in the parent view (actually you have much more freedom and capabilities than what the ViewSet allowed). You just need to explore the options for layouting.

>each area should have horizontal scroll and vertical scrol

Are you sure that is really the best design? You can instead set a number of scrollable columns within the ALV. This is the recommended approach over trying to have a scrollable container.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

Yes,It´s true. I´ve discarded to use IFrames because de Pdf should depend on the lead of the ALV so IFrame can´t solve this.

Actually, I have two ViewContainer and it looks quite good but there is still a problem: The ALV has a lot of colums and the screen shows all of them, so the user has to move right to see the pdf. I have never used scrollable columns that you mention, may be if I put some of the columns with this feature, the problem is solve. I´m going to try and I´ll tell you.

Thanks a lot.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Scrollable columns in the ALV is fairly easy to setup. Here is an example:

data: l_ref_cmp_usage type ref to if_wd_component_usage.
  l_ref_cmp_usage =   wd_this->wd_cpuse_alv( ).
  if l_ref_cmp_usage->has_active_component( ) is initial.
    l_ref_cmp_usage->create_component( ).
  endif.

data l_salv_wd_table type ref to iwci_salv_wd_table.
  l_salv_wd_table = wd_this->wd_cpifc_alv( ).
  data l_table type ref to cl_salv_wd_config_table.
  l_table = l_salv_wd_table->get_model( ).
  l_table->if_salv_wd_table_settings~set_width( '100%' ).
  l_table->if_salv_wd_table_settings~set_scrollable_col_count( 8 ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I don´t know if it´s correct to writte here`or best I should create a new thread because my problem continues.

At the end I have used two view containers one container with the ALV which has several scrollable columns( I think this alv feature looks wonderful ) and other container with de AdobeForm.

But...my users insists that they want to change dynamically the with of the view that contains the alv.That is to say, sometimes they want to see all the columns and others move some kind of splitter, vertical separator or anything and reduce the with of the view.

Please, any idea?

Thanks a lot.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>That is to say, sometimes they want to see all the columns and others move some kind of splitter, vertical separator or anything and reduce the with of the view.

There is no splitter UI element. You could bind context attributes to the Width property and bring up some dialog that allowed the user to adjust the percentages assigned to the width. Not quite as nice as a splitter, but the end result is the same.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution haven´t be accepted by the client

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can even use Tray UI element.

ALV in one tray ,PDF in other tray.

By default the tray can also be minimized so that the view looks good.

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also use Group UI element, ALV can be embedded in one group and Interactive Form in another group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use ViewContainer UI element.

Embed the ViewContainer inside your Main View. Embed another view into view container by going to windows -> right click Embed View. here select second view.