cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

archive and metadata in Records Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you advise if it's possible to archive Digital Personnel File contents which is stored in Records Management? We've got a requirement to archive Digital Personnel File contents (HCM Processes and Forms (Adobe) and other stored office documents) with metadata. Is it at all possible to define metadata in Records Management?

Best regards,

Jukka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jukka,

HCM Processes and Forms already use RM for persisting the data. I believe there are cases & documents created for these processes & forms in RM.

Please have a look at the archiving solution for cases & records for the same. They are available from the sdn link of RM. I have also posted news item on http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-ecm stating the upload of the archiving cookbooks.

The catch as I see for you is that you will need to know how the processes & forms are stored in RM by HCM & then use the correct archiving solution for those objects.

Thanks & Regards,

Pragya

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course you can store Adobe in RM. Or you can do it many other ways like using GOS etc. I have heard that this RM thing is expensive. Of course you can save anything with metadata. In RM or DMS it is easy.