Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange master data requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It goes like this....

There is already an existing R/3 system which provides multiple functionalities.

Now, SAP CRM needs to be implemented. But, for some reason, I can't use CRM middleware to transfer the existing master data in R/3(product, customer etc.) from CRM. Instead, I am replicating the master data in CRM by using flat files from a third party system.

If the above happens, then R/3 and CRM will have master data but they are created independent of each other (without using middleware). Now, at a later date if I want to synchronize the already maintained master data across CRM and R/3, can it be done. If yes, how??

Will "mapbox" be a useful tool for this?

Looking for a detailed response from the group.

Thanks,

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

as Tiest wrote this solution will produce problems. Try to avoid it and use middleware from the beginning.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor and Tiest,

I agree with you guys that if we dont use middleware now, then it will result in multiple complications going forward.

Just wanted to confirm one more thing. Is this something which can only be supported by Middleware and if we try to work without the middleware then there is nothing "Standard in SAP CRM" which supports it.

I have heard about the concept of Mapbox. It seems that it supports Mapping of master data across multiple systems. I am not sure how it works and how exactly it is used.

Let me know if you guys have an answer to this.

Thanks,

Pankaj

former_member927251
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pankaj,

<b>Don't make problems for yourself. Use the middleware.</b>

Regards,

Amit Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pankaj,

I could not get t he requirement why u need to import from flat file rather than through middleware.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pankaj, the Map Box concept is a concept aimed more towards supporting your conversion effort in stead of continous use. Besides data integrity issues your client will face I am also worried you will have a lot of table locking issues which will de-stabilize your entire solution. Again, I would spent more time in persuading your client to do the right thing in stead of building a solution that is going to cause major issues. Tiest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pankaj, this to me sounds like a solution that is deemed to create problems. You would either need to write your own interface which can determine the following actions: Create, Change, and Mark for Archieve. Possibly you could use the CATT functionality to achieve this but in order to determine you would need to do an extensive analysis. Tiest.