cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Table Action Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

got an issue while generating PDF table. the output xml of the calling BLS is highlighted below. Unable to generate a table using below xml. when the calling transaction is run using a seperate Xacute query the output appears to be fine but when the same xml is passed as an input to the PDF Table action it fails. Tried defining a simple XML as a Transaction output property and have passed the same to the pdf table action block but still it fails. Appreciate ur help.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Rowsets DateCreated="2009-11-10T00:02:13" EndDate="2009-11-10T00:02:11" StartDate="2009-11-09T23:02:11" Version="12.0.3 Build(107)"><Rowset><Columns><Column Description="Operator_Comments" MaxRange="1" MinRange="0" Name="Operator_Comments" SQLDataType="1" SourceColumn="Operator_Comments"/><Column Description="Supervisor_Comments" MaxRange="1" MinRange="0" Name="Supervisor_Comments" SQLDataType="1" SourceColumn="Supervisor_Comments"/><Column Description="Planner_Comments" MaxRange="1" MinRange="0" Name="Planner_Comments" SQLDataType="1" SourceColumn="Planner_Comments"/></Columns><Row><Operator_Comments>Testing Comments</Operator_Comments><Supervisor_Comments>Supervisor's Instructions:</Supervisor_Comments><Planner_Comments>Planner's Instructions:</Planner_Comments></Row></Rowset></Rowsets>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gilmour,

does MII throws an error, or do you just don't get an output?

I got the interesting effect, that a PDF Table is created correctly if I directly feed it with the result set of a query. If I store the result set in a XML property and feed this XML property into the PDF Table action, it fails with an error saying "Index: n, Size: n". Do you receive this error too?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

MII doesn't throw any error and no output is generated. Understand a simple SQL Query result set when passed directly works fine and the table is generated. But in my case iam calling another transaction which in turns call a JCO interface to ECC.The result xml set is absolutely fine and when passing the same to the PDF table action there is no output generated.

For the error "Index: n, Size: n" can u plz try to add a text or a horizontal line to the pdf prior to passing the result set.

However I have noticed that the output doesn't get generated when there exists a single row. I have included a dummy row to the XML highlighted in my previous post and it works fine. Try and add the below xml with 2 rows as a transaction property xml and pass it to the table action block and it works fine.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Rowsets><Rowset><Columns><Column Description="Operator_Comments" MaxRange="1" MinRange="0" Name="Operator_Comments" SQLDataType="1" SourceColumn="Operator_Comments"/><Column Description="Supervisor_Comments" MaxRange="1" MinRange="0" Name="Supervisor_Comments" SQLDataType="1" SourceColumn="Supervisor_Comments"/><Column Description="Planner_Comments" MaxRange="1" MinRange="0" Name="Planner_Comments" SQLDataType="1" SourceColumn="Planner_Comments"/></Columns><Row><Operator_Comments/><Supervisor_Comments/><Planner_Comments/></Row><Row><Operator_Comments/><Supervisor_Comments/><Planner_Comments/></Row></Rowset></Rowsets>

kind of strange but not sure whts the reason..

thanks,

Gilmour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gilmour,

the PDF Table action in known to have this problem with suppressing a single row. As a workaround, add a Capture Text, then single lines will be displayed.

Unfortunaltely, this problem still exists, so you always should add a capture text.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael the Capture text trick worked.

Regards,

Gilmour

Answers (0)