cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP allowed an user to cancel an invoice that had a credit memo attached

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP allowed an user to cancel an invoice that had a credit memo attached to it. If there are any documents linked to an invoice, the system should not allow the invoice to be cancelled right. Kindly let me know how to solve this, is there any control, any user exit.

Ex. An Invoice is issued on 10/05

Credit memo issued against the invoice on10/15 at 16:34

Original invoice is cancelled on 10/15 at 16:43

Regards,

Mahe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is solved. Thank You Raghavendra and Santhosh Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MAHE;

Could you please explain to me how you resolve this issue 'cause I have the same problem.

Thank you

Regards

Edited by: gabriel palacios on Nov 30, 2009 12:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

In order to solve this issue. Create own requirement in VOFM - Copying Requirement . (Take the help of ABAPer) and create your own requirement. Assign this in Billing Document Type (VOFA)- Copying requirement.

Pls try this and revert.

Regards,

Mahe

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use Billing Document Type - F1- Invoice (Where under field Cancellation - Cancell.billing type S1 is assigned)

And Billing Document Type - S1- Cancellation of Invoice is used.

To which billing document type - Under Cancellation - Copy Requirement field i should attach the newly created routine. Should i assign it to F1 or S1copy requirement field? Pls guide me.

Thanks,

Mahe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Thanks. Let me workout this with the help of our tech consultant to create own routine in VOFM and assign this to the BILLING DOCUMENT TYPE ---> COPYING REQUIREMENTS.

And my understanding is Billing Doc type - Invoice creation say F2 NOT G2. Pls confirm.

Thanks and Regards,

Mahe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghavendra,

You mean to say in Billing document type - G2 - Cancellation - Copying Requirement - Which option should i select.

Thanks and Regards,

Mahe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no STANDARD ROUTINE for this.

You have to create your own routine in VOFM and assign this to the BILLING DOCUMENT TYPE ---> COPYING REQUIREMENTS

Take help of your developer and explan him your requirement and ask him to create the routine in VOFM

thanks,'

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is no standard option available.

You have to create your own routine and use in the "Copying Requirement" field.

Regards,

Raghavendra YN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahe,

In the standard system there is no restriction against cancelling an invoice for which there is a Credit Memo.

If you want to implement certain restrictions yourself, you will have to create your own requirement routine. A routine to unallow the reversal of invoice with subsequent return or credit memo can be set in transaction VOFA, field 'Copying requirements' TVFK-GRBED_S.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Raghavendra YN