cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport request non exisisting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I did a system refresher/restore of the PRD onto DEV, now when i want to import some transports into dev from the OS using the menu Extras->Other RequestsAdd the transport seem to be added fine, but when i go the DEv queue and check the objects in that transport its giving the error "Request/task DEVK908697 does not exist". Can someone please help me out

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saganya,

In this case already you having that TR changes in PRD right. as per my knowledge once you released the TR than u can't make any changes on that.

if you ok this than u can try this : Create another request with same object and release the TR again from ur DEV and delete the TR from PRD import queue(as changes already available in PRD). I guess this one help you. New TR will overwrite the same changes in DEV. Try this.

With Regards,

CSK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CSK

I got it right, the problem ws with the the system profiles it was pointing to the PRD instance profiles, i have sorted that out, what i need to know however is i have reimported two transports bacjk in the order given by the HR consultant, bt they showing wrong entries into the system is there a way of undoing this imoprt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saganya,

Yes you can do that.

If it's PRD means -- >

1. u can delete the TR request from PRD import queue(TR should not be imported into the system).

2. otherwise you can overwrite the changes with the old request(change).

if it's DEV,

1.if u have been released the TR in DEV than u cant make any changes.

2.but u can overwrite the changes with old one by creating another request.

Before doing any transport, please confirm with your functional consultant . Because wrong transport will make the issue in your system.

With Regards,

CSK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

where you have to import the TR? in DEV?. Please check whether cofile and data file available in the trans directory. Before adding or importing the TR, u have to add the data and cofile in dev with respective folder.

With regards,

CSK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have both files in place and i can see the transport requests as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saganya,

Normally importing TR into the DEV is not recommended. Please let me know some details.

1. mentioned TR already is available in PRD? or new TR has to be imported into DEV?.

2. What are the clients available in DEv and in which client u hav to import?.

Please try this one : Rome that TR from import queue. Add again through Extras- > otherrequest->add.

select import again option.

With Regards,

CSK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CSK

I have done the re-import again but still the same issue, The tranports ui want to re-import are not in PRD, in DEv i have client 215 and 000 i am importing these transports into client 215.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,,

go to se01 and paste your request and check the request it is in which state .

if the request is in modifiable state release the request then only we can import the request if it is in released

copy the transport files to the corresponding cofiles and data ,after that check the permissions of both the transport files if it is read write permissions are only their then you give read write and execute permissions also .

after that select the request and perform a test import if test import is fine your import will go fine or else paste the error of test import.hope fully this will help you.

Regards

Zia

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did release the transports before the refresher, and they have all the permisions, if i do a test import no error is shown,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please check the se01 logs and paste if any errors are their.

Regards

Zia