cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments in Mail Activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm configuring a marketing scenario in CRM 4.0 in order to execute campaigns via email with the correspondant mail form. The result of these campaigns is the creation of business activities (category Mail)

My question is, ¿is possible to attach the outbound email form to these automatically generated activities? I think it has a development solution but I don't know if it's possible to do it in configuration terms (I know in 5.0 you can get this behaviour by using Interaction Objects)

Only a confirmation will help me a lot.

Thank you very much

Javier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

Following configuration lines can help you to achieve this.

1. Define communication method in IMG (Assign your desired transcation type again communicatiion medium) Menu path: IMG->CRM->Marketing->Campaign execution->Define communication medium.

2.Create a transcation template with your assinged transcation type in communication method give your attachment.

3. In your campaign, channel tab choose your communication method created above and scroll down to view transcation template area assign your trancation template no.

By doing this configuration when ever you release and send target group to channel, for every business partner present in target group transcations will be created from template.

Trust you got an idea to achieve the solution.

regards

satish kumar

If you find rewarding, award me with points

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

but you need the template only if you are not using any form for Mail / Letter / Fax / SMS. Because if you use one of this chanels the Activity is created automaticaly.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gregor for your confirmation. You're ok saying you need the template only if you're not using any form.

We're on 4.0 SP09 and the behaviour it's the same as yours. ¿Could you tell me any SAP feedback when you'll have it?

Regards

Javier

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

perhaps you should open also a OSS Message with a reference to mine. Our topic is:

"PDF print in PC-UI: *488 couldn't interpreted as a number"

Message Number: 0000264609 2006

Regards

Gregor

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Javier,

our problem is now solved in OSS Note 967116.

Regards

Gregor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

we're using CRM 4.0 SP 7 and we see exactly this happen. The strange thing is, that I can see the attachment only in PC-UI and not in CRM Online. Another problem is that when it was an printed letter there is a problem with the PDF generation. But I have a ongoing OSS Message on this topic. Plain text E-Mails are displayed perfectly.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

We are in CRM 4.0 SP7.

When I am trying to send an email from the activity transaction to the contact person it is going fine.

But when I am tryign to attach a document to the outgoing email the attachement is not going .

Just the emial is going to the contact person.

Do you have any suggestions for me.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zack,

where do you display the activity? In PC-UI or in CRM Online?

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Gregor,

I am displaying the Activity in the CRM online

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zack,

here I have the exact same problem. Have you opened a OSS Message? It would be worth it.

Regards

Gregor