cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data purging in SAP-APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts:

We are new user of SAP-APO. Used SAP SCM 5.00 in Sql Server 2005, program SAPLSMSSCCMS.

The data was started loading into APO for one month. We are aware the database is grown too big/fast as what we expect. Because the space issue (the new disks will come next year), we try to work on data purging and manager.

We current ran purging on Persistent Staging Area, keep 5 days data.

Could you please give us any suggestions on where we could purging more data, and any tables should be re-organized in MS db to shrink down the database size?

Thank you very much.

Lydia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lydia,

You have discovered the sad fact of SCM, that it is a ravenous monster that eats tablespace in great chunks.

There is a section in the main menu of SCM dealing with eliminating unnecessary data, which process SCM likes to lump in with 'reorganization'. On the main menu, APO>APO Admin>Reorganization. Some of these won't give you much benefit, but can't hurt to try.

Also, review Best practices for Monitoring and Admin

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700007382642002E

As I recall, this has some info about removing unnecessary data.

If you are using DP, and you are periodically moving data through the APO BW into your planning areas using Persistent Staging areas, there can be a benefit from reorganizing the PSAs.

As I recall, the BP for DP had something in this area. Search this doc for PSA. Some of the included notes may help....

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000955412003E

Rgds,

DB49

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dogboy49 for your helpful information.

Lydia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kishore for your replying.

I will post this question to Basis and MS SQL forums.

Lydia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lidiya,

From functional side i can say that delete unused matloc, CVC's from the system.

Delete transaction data from /SAPAPO/SDORDER_DEL (delete on the database).

Please revert for query.

For purging the data i suggest to Please post it in the BASIS forum also.

Regards,

Kishore Reddy.