cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing of Consolidation Activity in BCS 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Just wonder, in BCS 4.0, can we have a test run of C/I activity over periods?

I mean, the audit trail (or test run) in C/I task is done only for the specific period as defined in the permanent parameter.

Now, if I want to have this information, but I want to have information for more than one period, where I can get the information?

regards,

Halim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Halim,

AFAIK, you may perform consolidation processes (including test run) only sequentially, period by period. The reason for it that C/I is done on the cumulated basis.

You certainly can see data for the periods in the past.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene...

What is AFAIK?

Actually, what my user needs is a report (not task run) of consolidation activities from selected consolidation group.

So for example, if the parent company wants to issue a new bonds, the local authority may ask for the the investment activity of the company over certain periods. This report, can be supported by doing test run (result is perfect) in consolidation monitor, but they have to run the C/I task once in every period. My user assume this is too many steps. They want 1 click button.

Now, is there any standard report to meet this requirement? Or otherwise, what is the alternatives?

regards,

Halim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Halim,

AFAIK -- As Far As I Know...

About investment activity in the past -- it should be possible. I'm not clear what you meant when talked about C/I task run once in every period. In future?

Not sure about standard reports. You can investigate it looking at BC queries.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's the example.

CG A was formed in 1998. During 1998-2005 the parent unit in this CG has been investing in many subsidiaries, says company B - J. Says that for this example, the CG A only report the consolidation report once a year.

So during each period from 1998 - 2005 in SAP, the consolidation user run C/I task. All documents has been posted correctly.

In 2006, the CG A wants to issue bonds. The local authority (says SEC, Security Exchange Commission), request the holding company to report all investment activity, together with the calculation during 1998 - 2005, so then the SEC has the base to approve or not approve the bonds issuance.

Now, what the consolidation user do, they will run the test run task of C/I, from 1998 - 2005. SInce the consolidation is done annually, then they have to execute 8 times (download the result in each year).

The question is, can I just do 1 times to retrieve this 8 years data? If just the SAP has the report which has selection criteria period/fiscal year "from" - "to", then I can retrieve the data in one click. Does the SAP provide this report?

regards,

Halim