Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy a role from one client to another in a system using the CUA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a question about transporting roles. We have CUA configured on our SAP system. Our development environment contains several clients. Recently I created a role by using PFCG in the development environment named E1D-100. Later there was a need to affect a user by this role but on another client of the development environment named E1D-200.

How can I transport a role from a client of the development environment to another client of the same environment.

While I use SU01 to assign the role, after clicking on "user comparing", I can see that the new created role exists on E1D-100 (the client of the development environment where the role was created), but I see that the role doesn't exist on the other client E1D-200.

How should I proceed?

Thanks in advance,

Dariyoosh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This isn't about CUA. CUA is for User Administration, not Role Administration.

Copying roles from one client to another can be done via transports or by download-upload.

3 REPLIES 3

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This isn't about CUA. CUA is for User Administration, not Role Administration.

Copying roles from one client to another can be done via transports or by download-upload.

0 Kudos

Create the transports Request for the new role which you developed in E1D-100 client.

And login to client E1D-200 Transaction code SCC1 (Client Copy - Special Selections) and import to the transport request in E1D-200 system. After imported to the request new role available in E1D-200 client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Thank you very much for all of your answers. I tried both solutions and both worked pretty well. Thanks a lot for your help.

Kind Regards,

Dariyoosh