cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Subsequent delivery Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I want to create free subsequent sales order and want the reference mandatory. in the mandatory reference I am making sales order as mandatory reference. But here i dont know which sales order I should suggest to the user? either a Return Sales order or a Normal sales order?

1) In my opinion, Normal sales order should be entered as a reference document. Please correct me wid the reason here.

2) my second query is regarding the same Subsequent Free Sales order.

Suppose I want to create this order for the LUMF BOM how it is possible?

if I give the Sales order number of BOM material system is unable to determine the material in the SD document.

What is the standard procedure here ? Do i need to enter the material manually or any other type of copy control is there.

Please suggest me for above queries. Thanks in advance.

regards,

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

"Subsequent Delivery Free-of-charge" is always created with reference to the "Return Order".

Suppose, you have send 50 units of material M1 to the customer for which he has already paid for.

Now, your customer has returned 10 units of M1 due to damage in transit. To process the Return , you need to create a Return order ,either with reference to the Sales order or Billing document.

Normally, we refer to the Billing document.

From this Return order, we create Return Delivery followed by PGR and goods comes into your Warehouse with movement type 651 and goes to Returned stock (a restricted stock).

As customer has returned the goods of 10 units, now you have to compensate the customer. To compensate, you have two ways, either you will issue a Credit memo for the 10 units OR you will send fresh 10 units free of charge to the customer.

This depends on the policy of the organisation.

If you have the policy to send fresh goods for the return, which we normally call as "Replacement", then you need to create an order called "Subsequent Delivery Free-of-charge" with order type "SDF".

"Subsequent Delivery Free-of-charge(SDF)" is always created with reference to the "Return order".

In VOV8, for SDF, you will find "RE" in the "Mandatory reference" field.

As far as your second query is concerned, it is not clear to me.

LUMF is the "Item category group" of the main item of the BOM material ,if you want to charge price for the components (sub-items).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done after some R&D but both the reply were really helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Returns are handled through a special transaction type (RE) Returns order is created with reference to an invoice.

Returned materials are controlled by Movement of goods at Schedule line level.

GoTo T-Code VOV8, open Existing RE and rename it to ZRE.

Make sure you have Doc Pricing group = N

Delivery type = RE

Billing Block filed should be defined.

Shipping condition is 40 for customer returns.

After creating the return type assign it to your Sales Area and company code also define it in material master data and customer master data.

For Bill Of Material.

Use LUMF as a item category group in material master data and use item category of main item as TAP (Non Pricing returns) or TAN (for Pricing)

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

Sugauli