cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking a GUIXT button to a SAP GUI script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All - I do not have the designer module of GUI XT but with the basic free edition, I can add a button to the screen. My question is can I link the pressing of the button to initiate a vbs script instead of just launching an SAP transaction? I tried to find an answer in the user guide but couldn't or maybe missed it.

Thanks

Best regards

Umur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_hobbins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Umur,

you can only start menu functions or other SAP transactions, nothing else is mentioned on Synactive's documentation. Check [http://www.synactive.com/docu_e/doc_pushbutton.html]

An alternative I can think of is adding a link to a webpage instead of a pushbutton, and let the webserver webpage linked do the same work the VBScript does. This is not always possible specially considering security issues.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Michael. I am not sure I understand how I can do what you are proposing when I am on an SAP screen insdie a transaction, such as display work order. I was thinking if I can link the vbscript to a hotkey, then maybe I can get the users to trigger the script by executing the hotkey sequence. But don't know how to do that either or if it is even feasible.

Thnaks

Best regards

Umur

michael_hobbins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You mentioned you're working with GuiXT. PUSHBUTTON is the appropriate GuiXT command to show a button on an SAP transaction (when displaying work orders, or any other). PUSHBUTTONs only allow (as far as Synactive's doc) calling menu functions or other transactions.

The option of assigning vbscripts to hotkeys is something I haven't come across with yet, but found the following PDF, check to see if there anything usefull there: [http://www.synactive.com/download/sap%20gui%20scripting/sap%20gui%20scripting%20userguide.pdf]

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the attached manual before but could not find anything to help me in there. I found that I could use one of those 'shortcut manager' apps that sits at the Windows level and tag a hotkey to a vbs script, then execute the hotkey on the SAP screen and it will work. I used a free app called "Hotkey Manager v1.70" The only issue is that it would mean I have to have each user install this hotkey-manager app on their PC's and that is what I am trying to avoid.

Thanks

Umur

michael_hobbins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

OK, I haven't worked with SAP GUI scripts yet, sorry I can't help you

script_man
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Umur,

GuiXT is composed of 4 components: GuiXT, InputAssistant, Designer and Viewer. If you have only the basic version, you can't definitely start some scripts with the Puschbutton. You need InputAssistant but not designer. But if you would be satisfied with an image, you might try the following:

Image (Row,Column) "Image-File" Start="string"

For example:

Image (10,60) "test.gif" Start="test.vbs"

or

Image (toolbar) "Image-File" Start="string"

For example:

Image (toolbar) "test.gif" Start="test.vbs"

Regards,

ScriptMan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ScriptMan - I have the basic version so I guess I will have to go the Hotkey manager way instead of linking a button to the script. The graphic might come in handy some day.

Thanks

Regards

Umur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks script man used this successfully at work to run a vb script

in SAP FI. More research, found a very useful tutorial set at: http://www.synactive.com/tutor_e/lesson00.html

Answers (0)