cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload IDoc as XML File

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am looking for a transaction where I can take a XML file, which represents a specific IDOC using the IDOC XML format, into SAP so I can process it. I am aware there are many ways to send IDOCS to SAP, however I am working in a very restrictive environment and it is going to take time before I can use a "REAL" method. So I am looking for something I can do manually in the meantime.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer!

Kent

Edited by: Kent Maxwell on Nov 9, 2009 5:19 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dorian
Participant
0 Kudos

Kent:

Not sure what the "restrictive environment" means in terms of Idoc processing, so my solution may not work for you.......

You can write a report program to upload the XML data, then use CALL TRANSFORMATION to convert the XML data into internal tables which can then be processed by the same function modules that the Idoc processor would have used. In effect, processing the Idocs without using the Idoc framework.

Regards,

D.

0 Kudos

That solution is going to work for me. As I understand it, it is possible to create a HTTP RFC destination that can receive XML files via the HTTP protocol and process them as inbound IDOCs. However, this is not a configuration that is going to be made available to me initially. I still want to take my XML idoc files (XML as in they are in the SAP IDOC/XML format) and test processing them. I can use the WE19 transaction to do this, but there isn't a way to import the XML file in.

Is there anyway to accomplish this?

Dorian
Participant
0 Kudos

To use WE19, you need to write a small ABAP program that does the following:

1) Prompt for input file containing XML data (probably on presentation client);

2) Generate a target file name on application server (absolute pathname);

3) Call GUI upload to read input file derived in step (1) and save to presentation server file derived in step (2);

4) call transaction WE19, passing application server file name from step (2) into WE19 parameter MSED7START-FILENAME.

Regards,

D.

0 Kudos

Seriously? SAP doesn't have a way to do this otherwise? WOW.

Ok. This will work.

Thank you for your assistance!

Answers (0)