cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner for clearing customs

Former Member
0 Kudos

We ship from the US to the European Union using Fedex SPOC (single point of clearance) which mean all goods are imported into France prior to shipping to the end destination country. We need a partner which indicates our Company entity in France is the importer/consignee although the actual Sold to/Bill to is the customer in Switzerland or Germany. Does anyone have a partner suggestion to handle this issue? To make things more complicated, we also need to ship to the EU using Fedex non-SPOC on hazardous items so the importer will be the end customer. I can determine the appropriate carrier/service level with route determination but I do not know how to get the appropriate importer on the proforma for SPOC shipments.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You can use forwarding agent.

You can define the forwarding agent in the customer master record as the partner.

thank you

Anirudh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

May be you can check with [ProcessWeaver Inc|http://www.processweaver.com], I think they provided SAP shipping functionality integrated with FedEx, UPS and USPS with lots of SAP customers.

Thanks,

Suneetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would define new partner function (Z*) and assign your final customer number by default in all Customer master records. Assign your SPOC to Ship-to partner funciton in customer master records. You need to add this partner function to your partner determination procedure.

You will need to make some adjustments if required to calculate taxes correctly.

Now, you will have your SPOC customer as ship-to and actual ship-to in Z* partner function.

If necessary, you can override SPOC number with final customer number in sales order (if you are not shipping via SPOC).

It requires analysis of pricing, taxes, hardcopy invoices, interfaces to make sure you pass correct end-customer address where it's required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your feedback but I'd like to have the importer in a partner address . We have some orders which are drop shipped from vendors and/or external warehouses so we need to map the address fields of the importer to the vendor/ext warehouse bill to. This will allow the vendors to print it on the commercial invoice.

The forwarding agent can be applied to the customer master but the same customer may have 2 different importers based on the SPOC or non-SPOC route. It looks like you can define the forwarding agent in the route customizing, but it is not applied until a shipment is created. So, this does not work if it is an external warehouse delivery since we do not create a shipment in SAP.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since this Consignee comes only for SPOC Shipments, You can create a Standard Text and Store the address of the Consignee.

and then in the Smartforms for documentation ,you can write the logic to print the consignee adress from the Standard Text.

this Logic of printing consignee address from Standard Text should work only if is a SPOC Shipment. Else it should print Ship to address