cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic ToolTips for DropDownByIndex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

how can I show different tooltips for every entry in a dropdown list when I go over with my mouse?

e.g.

Entries in drop down list: ToolTip:

entry 1 ToolTip 1

entry 2 ToolTip 2

entry 3 ToolTip 3

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's not supported.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas for a workaround?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Individual radio butttons with tooltips.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If the ToolTip is not too long maybe you can add the text into the Text property of the DropDownByIndex. I would do something like:

Entry 1 (ToolTip 1)

Entry 2 (ToolTip 2)

I think this way you dont need to change too much your UI.

Hope it helps,

Daniel

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

>If the ToolTip is not too long maybe you can add the text into the Text property of the DropDownByIndex. I would do something like:

>Entry 1 (ToolTip 1)

>Entry 2 (ToolTip 2)

+1

If DropDown operates with 'key/display text' pairs. It seems the display texts in your DD is rather technical so you thought of the tooltips. Try to make the texts more user friendly and you will not need the tooltips at all.

If you still wants to show the technical keys, I'd also suggest to use InputField with EVS. It behaves like DD, but shows technical key in a field and shows key/text pairs in a popup.

BR, Siarhei

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a value attribute and assign this value attribute to your tool tip property. Then set this value attrbute at run time based on the user selection.

Regards,

Ponraj M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer!

Can You explain your suggestion in detail? I dont't understand how can I bind the attribute to the dropdownfield and how popup would then be shown?