cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS and browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

I am trying to upload a document in DMS (CV01N) and i get a message stating the browser is turned off in customization; but, in fact, it is activated.

any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the problem: extensions missing in customizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

i found the reason: in customizing, under "define workstation application" in document management, the file(s) format of the application must be all defined (like *.jpg for instance and so for each extention).

once i did that, it worked fine

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Alisa,

I'm glad to hear that the issue seems to be solved now. That was exactly what I meant in my last reply to your question. Please see the information in the link too, because the error message number 26504 is wrong and the coding needs to be corrected as mentioned in the provided link.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the solution Alisa... It worked

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the reason for this is a wrong error message which is raised during a check for file extension and the maintained file format in transaction DC30. For further information please see the link http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/26504-Fileextensionnotallowed.

This link explains why the error is raised and shows also the coding where the error message is raised. As you can see in this coding screenshot the error number should be 504. In your system I think there is another message raised in the coding instead of 'e504'. So I would kindly recommend you to change this value manually to 'e504' as shown in the coding screenshot.

This would be the fastest way to correct this system behavior.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm facing the same problem. Browser flag and ACL flag both activated. Using IE7 or Mozilla FF version 3.5.

BR,

Pia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Goto transaction dcswitch, check Browser flag.

read documentation from- spro-> document management-> control data-> Activate document browser.

Regards

Surjit