cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer specific Inspection Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

Can any one help to create customer specific inspection plan. Our client requirements as follows,

In Inspection plan based on Usage we can able to assign vendor wise inspection plan for single material in material assignment, like that is it possible to assign customer name in inspection plan. so that we can choose the Inspection plan based on customer specification. any one can help me in the above requirement.

awaiting for your replies,

Muthamil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

In the inspection plan header you can see a description field where you can put the customer. This will appear in QA02

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried the same for customer name in Inspection Plan header itself. During Inspection lot creation i can able to assign manually.

But our client needs automatic assignment of inspection plan. As you said in the previous reply there is a functionality called Dependent characteristic is it possible for automatic assignment. Can you please explain the settings in detailed steps.

Muthamil

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the thread

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Muthamil

Kindly confirm this seting

MM02> QM view > Inspection setup > inspection type > tick in Auto assignment . This is the setting which does auto assignment for the material to the inspection plan

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gajesh,

I have checked the Inspection Type in Material Master, automatic assignment is marked. But its not picking.So can you please explain the dependent specification steps.

Muthamil

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Muthamil

1) In QA02 you will not get the customer . Give the customer name in the descrition which can help you in choosing.

There is some mistakes in the setting which is not allowing the inspection plan to attach it to the inspection lot

Kindly confirm this setting MM02> QM view > Inspection setup > inspection type > tick in Auto assignment

2) There is another functionality which you can use if the customer specification changes and that is dependent specification.

please find the link below for the same

Link: [http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/SameParameters-DifferentSpecifications]

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gajesh,

As you said that enter the customer name in description. can you please explain me in detail where can i enter it.

Muthamil

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Muthamil

There is no configuration setting required . A typical cusomter inspection plan can be given as

For a material X Suppose you have Customer A, B , C, D , E. Customer . A & B have the same specification c, D,& E has a another set of specification in this case :

QP01 > Material (X) / plant > Usage and status > material assignment > give the customer A. As you have mulitple customer ie B also with same specification then in material assignement input the same group counter in the below line of the material assignment along with /material and customer B combination.

The give the operation details and in inspection characerisitc MIC details as you normaly give

For the next set again goto QP01 ( for customer CDE

QP01 > Give the same material X and Plant > Click on New entries > Usage and status > material assignment > give the customer C.

As you have mulitple customer D E, also with same specification then in material assignement input the same group counter in the below line of the material assignment along with /material and customer Dcombination and repeat the same for customer E

By doing this system should automacticaly pick up the customer specification when sale order of Customer E is used

hope this helps

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

In my requirement for one material there is more than one customer and there specification also different, as suggested by you i created Inspection plan with usage 5.Inspection plans were created with individual group counter for individual customer.then i create a sale order and run MRP and did production, a lot is generated with the status of "CRTD CHCR SPRQ".Lot is not Picking the customer specific plan.

Then i went Inspection Lot in change mode for assigning the plan. But in the Inspection Specification tab when i choose the Tasklist/spec.the system generate a popup which has the following only.

Group GrC Task list description Stat Usage Plnt

58 1 16Mncr5 22.25mm Rnd Grnd Bar 3750 mm 4 5 4000

2 16Mncr5 22.25mm Rnd Grnd Bar 3750 mm 4 5 4000

I am not getting the customer. I don t know where did the mistake. can you please help me .

Muthamil

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Muthamil

There is some basic thing missing.

If you have assigned multiple customer along with group counter inspection lot when created should have the status REL. There is no need of you going to QA02 to assign it manually.

Kindly understand only if you have multiple group counters in a inspection plan then only customer assignment has got a meaning.

if there is a single group counter in the plan and assiging multiple cusomter is similar of having no assignments at all

if possible sendinme the screen shots of the inspection plan . details available in Business card.

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gajesh,

Can you please brief me the steps which involved during customer specific inspection plan creation and configuration settings from scratch.

Muthamil

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Muthamil

please confirm this first

1) In inspection set up for inspection type 10 you have follwing ticked inspection with task list , auto assignment and check char

Once you have assigned the inspection plan in the inspection lot kindly go to sample tab and click on Sample Button

Refresh the QA32 screen Now the inspection lot will have status REL

Now go to result recording screen and check whether the MICs have come according to the customer. if yes then your setting is working

What you can do is one singlle inspection plan create multiple group counter and assign different customer with a differnt number of MICs. create sales order and delivery for each customer and check whether the inspection plan is getting attached according to the customer

Please let me know if you have any issues

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gajesh,

I have checked the inspection type 10 in material master, inspection with task list , auto assignment and check char

are marked only.the rest of the thing you told me are i know. my problem,

In a single Inspection plan itself with the usage of 6, I want to assign multiple customer. In the Previous post itself you said me the path, i can able to assign it.Then we create a Sales order, after the production of SemiFnished material Inspection lot was generated with the status CRTD CHCR. Then I went to Inspection lot in QA02 for assigning the plan, while choosing the Tasklist/spec tab in inspection specification tab the system shows me the Group counter no and Material description only but not the customer which i assigned in the Inspection. Here only i am struck up. So I want to get the customer here. so that i can able to assign the plan. any solution. help me.

awaiting for your reply,

Muthamil

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Muthamil

Hope you have done the following settings

1) In inspection set up you have ticked for inspection type inspection with task list , auto assignment and check char

2) inspection plan key date is before the lot date

3) Go to QA02> enter > INspection specification tab > click on Task / Spec button > let me know what is the error or message you get

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Sorry for the late reply,

I check all the settings for Inspection type 10. My requirement is suppose I assigned more than one customer in Inspection plan means based on the customer in sale order , the Inspection lot should be generated. But the status of the Inspection lot is CRTD and if i choose the Inspection plan in Inspection Specification Tab, i can able to see only the Group counter no and material description only not the customer name. Help me if i missed any settings.

Muthamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Better to make enhancement (QPAP0002 - dynamic inspection plan attachment) during confirmation gove the logic based on customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rahul,

sorry for the late reply can you please brief me in this regard?

Muthamil.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear muthamil

What is the inspection type you are refering to ?

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am using Inspection type 10 for GI with respect to sale order and usage is 6 .

Muthamil

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Muthamil

Kindly let me know the inspction type and whether this a Make to order scenario or Make to stock scenario

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

Mine is Make to order scenario

Thanks,

Muthamil

Edited by: Muthamil Murugan on Nov 10, 2009 5:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muthamil,

If lot is in CRTD status, its not due to this customer - dependent characteristics. As Gajesh said you have to check the master data (MM QM view & date). For 10 inspection origin you can use this dependent characteristics for both make to order & make to stock scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dinesh,

I can t see dependent characteristics for Inspection lot 10. can you please explain me where to get it, is there any settings to do.

MUTHAMIL

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Muthamil

How have you created vendor based inspection plan ?

Same way in the material assignment near to the vendor column you can scroll to right to get customer field. here you can maintain the customer number . The material group and customer defines the specification

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gajesh,

Thanks for your reply i can able to assign customer in Inspection Plan. I tried the same what you instruct. I assigned inspection plan for particular material with respect to customer. During lot creation the status of the lot is CRTD. then i went to change inspection lot, in Inspection specification tab i try to to assign the inspection plan but it shows the Group counter and material description only not the customer. how can i get the customer name while assigning and also i need automatic assignment of customer name with respect to sale order, because based on the customer requirement the specification of the material will vary, help me in this.

Awaiting for your replies,

Muthamil.

Edited by: Muthamil Murugan on Nov 10, 2009 3:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use multiple specification

where In inspection plan header-->material assgnment you can assign the customer along with material along with specs.

Regards

sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Muthamil. Its possible through dependent characteristics functionality in inspection plan. You want to assign vendor based specifications in inspection plan? Am I correct in understanding your requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dinesh,

Vendor based plan i can able to create, but i am asking about customer specific inspection plan. any one help me with steps.

awaiting for your replies

muthamil