cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefighter on ABAP stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a query regarding the Firefighter (GRC V5.2) component in the Access Control Suite of SAP GRC. I heard that Firefighter works only for ABAP stack and not for Java stack. Clearly what is ABAP stack & Java stack?

And is this the same case with Superuser Privilage Management(GRC V5.3) as well?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Each Access Control product requires the following two components:

A common ABAP-based component that resides on your SAP ERP server.  This component is called a u201CReal-Time Agent,u201D or RTA.  The RTA accesses data from your SAP system and communicates with the front-end Java component, to allow you to see and make changes to that data.

A Java-based component that resides on your web application server.  This component provides the user interface you use to make changes in your SAP database.  The Java component sends data queries and revised data to the ABAP component, which connects directly to the SAP database.

In Firefighter , The configurations will be done in abap stack using /virsa/vfat tcode. Only reports can be seen in java front end. But in other Components we do configurations in java stack.

I hope this helps you.Please allot points is this helps you.

Thanks,

Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmi,

To add to what Joseph said,

FF and SPM are same products. FF did not contain any web reports whereas SPM has web reports. ABAP stack means the system which runs on ABAP e.g. SAP R/3, ECC 5/0/6.0 etc. Java stack means the system which runs on Java platform (e.g. BI, Enterprise Portal etc.)

In short, FF/SPM only works for ABAP based systems.

Alpesh

Answers (0)