cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify the Overview tab in WebDynpro Based ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The Overview tab of the ESS generally displays 8 Area Pages.Our requirement is we should show only two Area Pages.

What is the standard procedure proposed by SAP for achieving this?

To achieve this we have created a custom Area Page group in SAP, assigned Area Pages to this group.

After that we have copied the standard ESS role and Standard Overview Iview.We have modified the property "Application Parameter" of Overview iview.Then we assigned the Overview iview to the Copied ESS role.

Now we are successfully seeing only two Area pages in the Overview of tab of new ESS role.

But when we click the link Employee Search the control is going to the Emloyee Search tab of the Stanard role.

But we want the control to be in the new ESS role.

Any clue in this regard will be helpful.

Regards,

ND.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ND - you can achieve the same through customization tables in the back-end. See SPRO -> SAP Reference IMG -> Personnel Management -> Employee Self-Service -> General Settings -> Homepage for Self-Services. There is also a PDF on SDN regarding this - search for ESS and WedDynpro...

Regards,

Cara

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nagaraju,

everything ok so far.

Now, you have to change the "URL of PCD" for the Resources in the Homepageframework to your new role. You can see the value in your portals content administration: open your role, check the properties for your page and use the "PCD Location" value

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

to achieve the same i copied the "PCD Location" value in the "URL for PCD page" of the area. But it didn't move to the new role..

But unfortunately i made some changes..(exactly i didn't remember). These changes caused the problem.

Now two areas(employee search and benefit&payment) from "standard role" are not appearing in the portal as well as in my copied role. its giving the error stating that Area "EMPLOYEE_SEARCH" not found...

can u please help me