Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

method creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have created method for a object.in that object i tried to implement the function module.In that function module i used to send the parameters of the type DATEELEMENT which i have created in table.while assigning the function module to the method it is displaying the error as the dataelement cannot be used for this method...

ii)when i declare a stucture also it is taking only the first component of the structure and not the others..

can anyone please resolve it????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nishanthbhandar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating an object in SWO1 there are some restrictions that are followed.

Method creation in the BOR supports only data elements and structures as reference types for parameters.Make sure that you are specifying the data elements correctly.Also system fields cannot be used as IMPORT/EXPORT parameters.

Nake sure that the table that you have created is active and without errors.

Cheers

Nishanth

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How hae you declared the variables in the method?

Can you post the code here?

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

i created the method in the swo1 transcation for enabling the workflow..while creating the method it has asked for the function module name i has given it directly there.

0 Kudos

Is the function module active and has been released?

If the FM is active you should not get any error.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

i have declared the dataelement zdatatype1 and passed this as the parameter to the function module.and the function module works fine.but when i create the method in the BOR it is showing the error "datatype zdatatype1 cannot be used for the methods"

0 Kudos

i have declared the dataelement zdatatype1 and passed this as the parameter to the function module.and the function module works fine.but when i create the method in the BOR it is showing the error "datatype zdatatype1 cannot be used for the methods"

0 Kudos

I tried creating a Z method and I also got the same error.Seems that some specific datatypes are not allowed to be used to create the method.

But the funny thing is as soon as the error message displays press ENTER.The message disappears.Presss ENTER again.This time there will be no error message.

Cheers

Nishanth

0 Kudos

but when u check make the syntax check it will be showing the errors..and also u will not be able to implement those objects to the container..kindly check that

nishanthbhandar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating an object in SWO1 there are some restrictions that are followed.

Method creation in the BOR supports only data elements and structures as reference types for parameters.Make sure that you are specifying the data elements correctly.Also system fields cannot be used as IMPORT/EXPORT parameters.

Nake sure that the table that you have created is active and without errors.

Cheers

Nishanth