Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIN MM _ Captive Consumption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a scenario where I have to book captive consumption of excisabe material. This material is being manufactured and sold outside to customers as well consumed internally for manufacture of excisable finished material .

How do I book this in SAP. I have done CIN MM settings. All other things are there.

Regards

Nandini

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Captive consumtion has to be tracked from the issue storage location to production orders. Once you have the details of how much material is issue to how many productions orders.

Eg: Storage location 0001 would have issued goods to 631, 641 and 261.

Track the 261 movement type from s.loc 0001 via MB51....

Go to J1IS and create a self excise invoice with Transaction type as "Other Movements". And post this excise invocie via J1IV if you are follwing two step invoice posting.

Hope this helps.. this is how many of the companies do captive consumption.

Thanks & regards

Hameed Pavez

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

The material which is being sold the u will collect the excise from customer.

The raw materials which are being used to produce the saleable material if excise is involved u can aval the excise

benifits.Unless and until u purchase from a vendor u cannot avail the excise benifits for the material produced internally.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If all your config and J1ID settings are correct. Then after doing the transaction update RG1 thru' J1I5 and choose classification RMA for output material and IWO for input material. Then extract and print register thru' J2I5 & J2I6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In captive consumption scenario u need to

1) Consume the material Internally

2) Increase the Excise payable

For step 1 ,Issue the material through t code MB1A movement type 201 to a costcenter.Thus your inventory posting will be complete

For your excise posting i.e step 2 you can create an outgoing excise invoice (t code J1IS ,J1IV)thus increasing your payables

Accounting entries in case of J1IS ,J1IV will be

Dr (Asset acc,Consumption acc depending on whether the item is an asset or a consumable)

Cr cenvat Payable account

For this to happen u need to create a new subtransaction type against ETT OTHR

Regards

Sandeep

Edited by: sandeep13 on Nov 9, 2009 1:22 PM

0 Kudos

Thank you everybody for the response. I shall try the scenario and get back to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dEAR ALL,

In Captive consumption the material goes from plant1  YY1 to plant1 zz1 for use in manufacture the final product. The Excise duty should appear ZERO  and show only assessable value in Excise Invoice.

How to achieve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the key combination for SD condition record according to your requirement please

do the settings so that the condition record value should appear as zero.

please check