cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitalized and non-capitalized activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have some project activities that should be capitalized, and some that are not. The issue is that we would

like to use just one network profile, so it means one network type, and I am not sure if individual activities can

have different settlement profiles, if not maintained for the network type.

Also while WBS can be linked to investment profile, can not see the same for the network type, not to mention

the activity level.

So, can it be still managed with a single network profile and a single network type?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use WBS as a differentiator not NWA

keep cap WBS (with investment profile) and non CAP WBS (without investment profile) seperate

now do your activities as usual with settlement to respective WBS

settle to AuC is always done from WBS for Cap WBS and cost centre or elsewhere as required for non cap WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is clearly an option, even though the idea was to avoid such purely "technical" WBS-elements. This means I need to introduce them into the project structure where WBS (at lowest level) represent a classic project phase, and under the same phase activities can be both capex and opex.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

alternatively you can define your settlement rules with a PRE (preliminary) settlement to exclude some cost element (non cap) then settle only cap cost elements to AuC - you will need to define a seperate source structure to define the cost elements for PRE settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our particular case the cost element is not the decision driver for capitalization, but the network activity is. So, my ideal scenario is to settle directly from activity to AuC or to the Cost Center.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe we cannot settle activity cost to WBS AUC, we have to settled to WBS , when you settle the first time WBS all the acumulated cost settled to WBS. Here you have to segregate you capitalized cost and non - capitalized cost. Create two settlement rule one of AUC and other for Cost center.

Please refer below link.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/4c/2273a946e611d189470000e829fbbd/content.htm

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I believe I can settle directly from the network activity to AuC (not the WBS AuC, but just manually created AuC) for capex, and elsewhere for Opex (to the Cost Center).

I see no benefit (do you think there is any?) to settle from activities to WBS first and make it two step settlement process.

Thank you.

Answers (0)