cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM grading in the basis on weight and defects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus

I am new for QM module, I have eight(8) different grades for my HALB material.

This grading is done on the basis of weight and defect, kindly explain the stapes

mk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kulkarni

In QM tab you have to tick Automatic assignment also. FOr this lot you may go to QA02 > Inspection specification > and click on Task/Spec button and on Sample tab click on SAmple button

Regards

Gajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to anand,sujit,gajesh,

From the bottom of heart!

i create all MCs and assign to the materil( through material specification)

can i create six/ seven material from this material?(material to material transfer?like309 movmt)

like in QA11inspection lot stock tab page,To new material(field name-VMENGE06. i mean i want this field six or seven times)

on that tab page

i have to modify the screen/user exit/spro/Special Enhancement ?

the input material number will be named as premium/regular/jumbo/Nrich...etc after the inspection UD

kindly help

mk

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manjeet,

Could you please elaborate your requirement?

Whether you want how to create defect codes in system or how to prepare inspection plan for them?

Best Regadrs

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand

thanks for reply

four are defects(but can be used) and for remaining four the criteria is the weight range(45to 50 grams,50to60grms..etc)

the material is not diverted due to defect(only price reduces)same like this for the weight range

i am thinking to assign the lot and sagregate the lot among these grades.

is it possible?

thanks

mk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my understanding you are talkinag about the UD codes for Usage decision based on the defects.

is it so ?

If it is the you can explore T codes QS41 & QS51 (selected set)

UD code will be depends upon the weight & defects,which you can always seggregate upon.

And

If you are talking about the defect recording then use QS41 catalog type 9 for the same.

I hope this will add atleast some value.

Regards

Sujit

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manjeet,

I think (correct me if I have understood wrongly) you are looking for inspection plan.

1. Prepare MICs through QS21 tcode for weights ang give upper and lower tolerances as applicable e.g. 45 gms to 50 gms as in your case. Assign these MICs in inspection plan so that while doing RR you can enter actual weights found against specs.

2. For defects, as suggested by Sujit, defect code creation through QS41 is the correct solution. You can record these defects against inspection lot.

3. Another way is to create one MIC as VISUAL and assign selected sets to this. This selected set would contain defects. But here you have to create these defects under catalog 1 instead of 9 for utlizing them in MIC.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check with your FI/CO consultant whether grade-wise material codes are required or not as you have mentioned price varies as per the Grade.

In that case, during UD you can do material to material transfer selecting appropriate UD Code from One Grade to another Grade.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sujit and Anand

The first phase is ok(four defects)i take it under user decision but for second phase

(four caras. According to the weight) four cara was created(qs21)and assigned to material specifications

In QM tab page I make the tike mark for insp with mat spec and check caras

When I assign the lot (qa32) the system status is CRTD CHCR SPRQ when I wish to take the decision

It does not allows.

How I have to assign this CRTD CHCR SPRQ lot for grading?

Kindly help

mk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There can be two reasons:

1.You have crated material specs but not ticked on Auto assignment.So task list will not attached automatically as lot created.

so go to QA02-->click on Material specs -->go to sample ,click on sample.

Status of lot in QA32 will become REL from CRTD

2.You have not created material specs.or even if created it must be prior to the date of creation of Inspection lot.

Create in QS61 with prior date & attach same.

Regards

Sujit