cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCA connection problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have a question about JCA connection pool.

When we made a Function Call to SAP R/3 in Portal, Can Serveral Portal user share JCA Connection ?

Here is MY Scenario.

1. "UserA" login portal and made a Function call to SAP R/3 (Login Method : SAPLOGONTICKET)

2. "UserA" close SAP Connection.

3. "UserB" login portal and made a Function call to SAP R/3 (Login Method : SAPLOGONTICKET)

4. "UserB" close SAP Connection.

5. I checked JCA Pool and they have 2 free connection.

6. I Checked SAP R3 User monitor and I found two login user ID ("UserA","UserB")

Why "UserA" and "UserB" doesn't share one JCA connection in spite of Pooling ?

Anybody know JCA Pooling mechanism ?

Regards, Arnold.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thanks for answer.

I tested againg like this.

1. "UserA" login portal and made a Function call to SAP R/3 (Login Method : SAPLOGONTICKET)

2. "UserA" close SAP Connection.

3. "UserA" login portal in different desktop and made a Function call to SAP R/3 (Login Method : SAPLOGONTICKET)

4. "UserA" close SAP Connection.

5. I checked JCA Pool and they have 2 free connection.

6. I Checked SAP R3 User monitor and I found two login user ID ("UserA","UserA")

Why do not share the SAP Connection in spite of they using SAME ID ?

Regards, Arnold.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I think It's not a user monitor problem.

SAP R/3 User monitor works differently with usual web behaviour.

Anyway, Anybody has ideas for my JCA connection problem.

Regards, Arnold.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Connections created with JCo call are associated with User session in R/3. i.e. when userA calls RFC, a user session is created on R/3 for userA. If userB calls RFC, (separate) user session is created on R/3 for userB. Because of this they can not use same connection (as context is different).

Well, when you define JCo destination on WebAS if you configure a single userid password for this connection there should be one connection used for calling RFCs using this destination irrespective of portal users..

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is not in JCA pooling I think its a limitation of USER MONITOR:

In Portal monitoring – User Monitor, we can find the number of active logged on users, but even after the user has logged out; it will still show him as an active user.

Number of users(listed in User Monitor) = Total numbers of users (logged from the date of the last restart of the SAP Server).

Hence the user overview is never a reliable source for finding active users on the system. From EP6 (SP9) onwards, this user monitor option has been moved over to the SAP J2EE Visual Administrator(but the issues remain).

For example, one user XYZ logged on to Portal on 4th April 2006 and has logged out the same day and he never logs back in the next 15 days. If we want to check whether the user XYZ logged onto Portal on a specific date, it is not possible as we don’t have an option to filter it by date. If we monitor it on 18th April 2006, still it will show the user XYZ as an active user.

These data also will get refreshed only when the SAP J2EE of the respective Portal Server is restarted.

I think same is the case for SAP R/3.

PS: If helpful award points

--Deepak.