cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have bee trying to unlock the Network which is locked but not able to do so. The error is "The transaction 'Unlock' is not allowed for NWA because no status is set to permit it". I have checked that there are no user statuses and the network has a single activity. The status of the activity is REL CNF MCNF SETC.

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check if the WBS to which the network is attached has a status ending with LK

e.g. AALK, MDLK etc

if so unlock that

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have checked the WBS and the status of the WBS is REL NTUP SETC

Regards,

Laxminarasimha

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what about the network header??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Network header has status ACAS CNF LKD MANC NMAT NTUP REL

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so undo lock (LDK) from the header then try the network activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been trying the same but getting the following error

transaction 'Unlock' is not allowed for NWA because no status is set to permit it

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

message suggests that you are trying on the network activity

first unlock the NETWORK HEADER

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, Network header is locked , You need to unlock the network header, As you told while unlocking network header you are getting errors. There is some inconsistency with your the system status. As you already cleared but re-check, click on I system status button and chekc is there any user status profile is assigned to any of network , activity , WBS.

One more strange thing is that your network header is having LKD status and the same is not passed on to your activity.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been trying to unlock from Network header but the error says the unlock is not possible for activity. Status profiles are assigned to both WBS and network but there are no statuses assigned to these profiles.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am still not convinced with your answer, can you check in OK02 the assigned status profile and chekc for the forbid business transaction.

Do one more check, if there is no userstatus has been activated as you told than Technically system will allow yo to delete the status profile , Try to delete the both the status profile & Let see how system behaves ?

A/c to your error is pointing, some user status is activated on PS Objects. Just chekc it out.

With regards

Nitin P.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in project builder

select network header (has LKD status - right)

now select the blue i button next to system status

select tab business process

scroll to business process unlock assignment and tcik the box on the left (should be red in your case as you cannot unlock)

seelect button transaction analysis

can you see any status with RED????

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Business processes tab, 'unlock & unlock assignment' are in green colour. When I selected 'unlock' and clicked on transactional analysis, I can see the message as status 'LKD' is allowed. For 'unlock asssignement', statuses 'LKD' and 'REL' are allowed.

I can see the foloowing in red colour

Actual activity allocation

Actual overhead (periodic)

Actual settlement

Automat. WIP/results analysis

Change

Change automatically

Check PRT availability

Check material availability

Close

Complete back to tech complete

Confirm order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have replicated this issue. The steps are

1) Set 'LKD' status at network header level, it automatocally sets 'LKD' at activity level

2) Now go to planning board, select the activity. Goto Edit>Status>Unlock Account assignment. It will remove 'LKD' status from activity.

3) Now try to unlock the header, system does not allow to do so.

If step 2 is not performed then header can be un locked.

How would I unlock the network header

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

step you are removing AALK and not LKD

I am unable to replicate - your system has some issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon PS Team,

I would like to inform you that above Issue got resolved by creating correction program “ Z_NETWORK_OP_CREATE_STAT_LCK ” from SAP note 1694139

Thanks

PY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

We exactly have the same issue . And when i search for the OSS note you mentioned (1694139), it says that the note doesn't exist. If  i am correct , was that a note or OSS message  number (1694139) solution from SAP ? If you dont mind sharing the correction program provided by SAP, would really appreciate it. I am working on creating a message with SAP on this issue too.

Thanks