Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Scale Price not transfered in SC

former_member533535
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are working on SRM7.0 with MDM in a Classic Scenario.

When we create contract in Backend this contracts are visible as source of supply in SC,When we assign this contract as source of supply it is defaulting the net price for the item given in Contract.

But when we have any scales for the price (PB00) or header condition for discounts with scale the system is defaulting only the net price and when we order the SC the status of SC is showing error in transfer.

Do any configuration needed to get the scale price to be reflected in SC.

Kindly reply if you have any idea or sugession.

Regards,

B.N.Karthikeyan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karthi

SC takes price from accounting view of material master (ebp_backen_prices report) while you create a sc.

when PO creates it takes price from the contract right?

what is the error in rz20 for that sc before it creates PO.

br

muthu

former_member533535
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

No Muthu, when I select any material from internal goods the system transfers only the item with out price to SC and when I assign source of supply with contract to the SC the price (Net price) of the cart is taking the contract price which is different from price in Accounting view of material.

Only thing is that when I maintain scale the system is not calculating scale price and also when I approve the cart I am getting Error in transfer. But when I remove the scale then there is no problem.

Kindly help in this regard how to proceed furtehr.

Regards,

B.N.Karthikeyan.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why is the price from the shopping cart item not always transferred to the backend ?

A6. The following logic has been designed for price transfer when you transfer shopping baskets from EBP component:

a) If a valid source is assigned to the shopping basket item (for example, an info record or a contract), the price is transferred to the purchase order from the source of supply - unless, the item is created via a catalog and it contains the catalog price.

b) All other items (for example via the free form entry or items with a material number) received the price in the purchase order from the source of supply.

Due to many customer requests, the logic has been changed a little:

a) As soon as an item contains a price higher than 0 - regardless of how the item is created (free entry or catalog) - this is transferred to the purchase order.

b) An exception is items with a material number since the valuation price can never be the purchase price.

c) All items without an explicit price receive the price from the info record or contract.

Reasoning :

A price determination in connection with the assigned source of supply is not carried out since this would mean several remote calls, to determine the correct price. Both info record and outline agreement contain master conditions. This means that the valid price must be determined together with the quantity and the delivery date again (because of price-quantity scales, header conditions, validity periods and so on). A completely new price determination would have to be carried out each time if the user changed the quantity or the date again - this is not carried out for reasons of performance. Since the purchase order resulting from the shopping basket contains the correct price from info record or outline agreement, this only affects creation of the shopping basket and may under certain circumstances influence the release(Workflow).

However in case of local Purchase Orders it can be done without any performance overhead and hence is supported.

If a different behavior is desired, you can implement the BAdI BBP_APPEND_ITEM to get the price of a Shopping Cart item with assigned source of supply from the backend. However the price won't show up in the online transaction while the user creates the Shopping Cart. It is updated by the BAdI when the Shopping Cart is saved. Please evaluate the usage of this BAdI against performance concerns

---

so you are expecting shopping cart price must pick from contract. I dont think so. You may require development.

if you dont run backend prices for that report - you may manually enter a price , it is just for approval purpose . while creating PO defintely sc should pick up price from contract

--

Note 836774 - Incorrect price after contract assignment in SC and PO

br

muthu

former_member533535
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthu,

This logic works ..In SC the system takes the net price which may not be exact..may be used for approval..but on approval the PO is created with exact volume discounts..

Regards,

B.N.Karthikeyan

Answers (0)