Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent : Adding Compounding Attribute 0CO_AREA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I added 0CO_AREA as a COMPOUNDING attribute of 0WBS_ELEMT,

Following is the error message :-

<b> InfoObject 0WBS_ELEMT is referenced from 0CRM_MKTELE, compounding cannot be changed</b>

Diagnosis

The InfoObject 0WBS_ELEMT is referenced by InfoObject 0CRM_MKTELE. InfoObjects have been deleted or inserted from the compound of InfoObject 0WBS_ELEMT. The compounds of InfoObject and referenced InfoObject must, however, concur with each other.

System response

InfoObject 0WBS_ELEMT can only be activated if InfoObject 0CRM_MKTELE is activated at the same time.

Procedure

Include all the InfoObjects, that reference InfoObject 0WBS_ELEMT, together in the editing and activate them likewise.

Otherwise, you can only change the compounding of InfoObject 0WBS_ELEMT if there are no more other InfoObjects that reference InfoObject 0WBS_ELEMT.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Please see OSS note 184948 (Compound Infoobjects to 0SOURSYSTEM). Though this takes the example of 0SOURSYSTEM added as a Compound InfoObject, but the same applies in your case too. The solution mentioned is:

"In this case, characteristic 'XYZ' must also be compounded to 0SOURSYSTEM.Characteristic 'XYZ' must be activated together with characteristic 'ABC'.

If you have to change dependent characteristics also, all characteristics must be activated together with characteristic 'ABC'.Otherwise, the consistency check uses the active version of the dependent characteristics and reports errors.In the initial screen of InfoObject maintenance select radio button 'Free selection of InfoObjects'.In the dialog box, select all characteristics you want to activate together.Select all characteristics on the following overview screen and press 'Activate'.If you are already on the detailed screen of InfoObject maintenance and include the other InfoObjects in the maintenance using pushbutton 'Other InfoObject' then for activation you must go back to the overview screen and select and activate all InfoObjects there.This procedure is necessary since activating on the detailed screen is for the currently selected InfoObject (and dependent objects) only but not for all InfoObjects visible in the overview list.If you want to activate several InfoObjects together, then you should always do this from the overview list."

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Though Kumar might be right about existing data that doesn't allow you to make changes, the primary reason of it and actions to be performed are mentioned in the error:

Firstly include the characteristic 0CO_AREA as an attribute or a navigational atttribute (or in the compound) of characteristic 0CRM_MKTELM before you actiavte characteristic 0CRM_MKTELE.

So, include 0CO_AREA as a compound to 0CRM_MKTELE & 0CRM_MKTELM and activate them.

Then change and reactivate 0WBS_ELEMT.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

0WBS_ELEMT is referenced from 0CRM_MKTELE. IF you want to do any changes you have to do for source object 0CRM_MKTELE.

Reference infoobject wont have any tables at background(like P,X,Y ..etc tables). These reference objects are based on the source object(0CRM_MKTELE) tables only.

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I attempted to add 0CO_AREA as an COMPOUNDING ATTRIBUTE to 0CRM_MKTELE,

I get the following error message

Characteristic 0CRM_MKTELE is used as Attribute of 0CRM_MKTELM, but characteristic 0CO_AREA is not

Message no. R7559

Diagnosis

Characteristic 0CRM_MKTELE is used as an attribute or navigational attribute of characteristic 0CRM_MKTELM. Characteristic 0CO_AREA has been inserted in the compund of characteristic 0CRM_MKTELE. In this grouping, characteristic 0CO_AREA must be likewise an attribute or a navigational attribute of characteristic 0CRM_MKTELM (or be in the compound of characteristic 0CRM_MKTELM), which is, however, not the case.

System response

Characteristic 0CRM_MKTELE can not be activated.

Procedure

Firstly include the characteristic 0CO_AREA as an attribute or a navigational atttribute (or in the compound) of characteristic 0CRM_MKTELM before you actiavte characteristic 0CRM_MKTELE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It won't allow u to change / modify with new object under compounding if that object is used in Cubes or ods or Some other attributes...etc...

Because if u add a new compounding object for one char infoobject it should be new.

I have also faced same type of problem previosly but at that time i have created every thing new one and i worked.

Thanks,

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think u can't add compounding object to reference info object, if u want to add object under compounding u can add to the main infoobject(0CRM_MKTELE) and activate it than it will automatically reflect to ur reference infoobject(0WBS_ELEMT) .

Thanks,

Kumar.