cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find any BAPI output

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm just trying to get the list of technical equipments using BAPI_FUNCLOC_GETLIST. When tracing the output, I can only see any output on the highest level BAPI_FUNCLOC_GETLIST.Response. Whenever I try to trace one of the hierarchically underlying elements, nothing except "Info:" is shown in the tracer. Corresponding to this behaviour listing of the elements by means of a repeater action block does not show anything; more than that: the repeater doesn't step into each list element. But when I count the elements, the right number (365) of list elements is shown: BAPI_FUNCLOC_GETLIST.Response{count(/BAPI_FUNCLOC_GETLIST/TABLES/FUNCLOC_LIST/item)}.

System: 12.0.6

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bodo,

there are problems in MII 12.0 concerning the tracer action and XML structures. Have a look at the thread [Repeater problem|http://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=33825794&messageID=8293436].

In the repeater, did you use the configuration BAPI_FUNCLOC_GETLIST.Response{/BAPI_FUNCLOC_GETLIST/TABLES/FUNCLOC_LIST/item} ?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

the XPATH of the repeater was just that you mentioned. But it seems to me, that it might not only be a repeater problem but furthermore a general problem BAPI output to any XML components (repeater, tracer, ...).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you able to trace the complete BAPI.Response? Have you tried to save the response to a local MII file using the xml saver action? If true, does the response contain the information you are expecting, or just empty items?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

I think it was an error of my own. The repeater property "source" contained a node below the Response XML-structure. After having cleared the value the repeater was working well. Furthermore It was important to see, that the tracer only shows the complete Response-XML-structure of the JCO-Output; any XML-node below the Response leaves the tracer empty.

Anyway, my problem doesn't exist longer. Thanks for your help.

Bodo