cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while sending query result

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on a JDBC-XI-IDoc scenario. In my sending JDBC adapter configuration, i have given the Query SQL statement as <b>SELECT * FROM SAP_PROMOTION</b> and Update SQL statement as: <b><TEST></b>

But when i go to adapter monitor, i am seeing an error as follws:

<b>Error: Sending query result failed with com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.exception.CPALookupException: Couldn't retrieve binding for the given channelId: Binding:CID=875514bc047b3557a5b53dfb5ef4babe; - retry

last retry interval started 10:54:09 2006-05-25

length 60,000 secs</b>

Can anybody help me how to solve this problem.

Regards,

Divija

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divija,

Which DB are you trying to connect to using the JDBC adapter?

Has the Driver been installed on your Xi server?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

The database system is based on oracle 8.1.

Yes. The driver has been installed properly.

Waiting for ur reply.

Divija.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Divija,

Can you give the parameters entered in your JDBC adapter for Driver and connection url. Also, which oracle driver are you suing classes12.zip or OJDBC14.jar?? Which JDK version are you using?

Also,refer to note 941317 for Driver incompatibilties.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are the details abt the different parameters:

JDBC driver:<b>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</b>

Connection:<b>jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.10.0.133:1521:chr</b>Quality of service:<b>Exactly once</b>

Poll interval: <b>60secs</b>

Query SQl statement: <b>SELECT * FROM SAP_PROMOTION</b>

Document name: <b>resultset</b>

Update SQl statement: <b><TEST></b>

Adapter status:<b>Active</b>

Database transaction level: <b>Default</b>

Oracle driver is: <b>classes12.zip</b>

JDK version: <b>1.4.2_09</b>

Regards,

Divija

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Divija,

Am not sure if this is the exact cause for your problem, but would anyways suggest that you take a look at it,

<i>classes12.zip is not compatible with JDK 1.4.</i>

From the note : <b>831162</b>

Oracle JDBC Driver (classes12.zip / classes12.jar) Deadlocks

<b>Q: I have deployed the Oracle classes12.zip / classes12.jar JDBC driver as per the instructions in the XI Configuration Guide.

Unfortunately, I frequently notice hanging database connections. A thread dump taken according to the instructions in note 710154 shows one or more blocking JDBC Sender/Reciver threads and optionally that the JVM has detected a deadlock.

A: The Oracle classes12.zip / classes12.jar driver is compatible with Java 1.2 and Java 1.3 only, but not with Java 1.4. Please upgrade to a current driver (ojdbc14.jar), which does support the Java 1.4 JVM you are using.

Please make sure that you remove classes12.zip / classes12.jar from aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda prior to adding the new driver as per the instructions in the answer to question #1 above as you will get a class name collision otherwise (all JARs from aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda are loaded into the same class loader and the driver class name of both driver versions is the same).

Before deploying the updated driver, ensure that the new version is still compatible with your Oracle database server release. For details, please refer to the release notes provided by Oracle.</b>

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think it is the problem with classes12.zip. Because this driver is working fine for some other scenario. (The reverse of this: IDoc to JDBC) Any other suggestions?

Divija.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Divija,

Can you try these 2 options in your Select Query. Can you do it without * and check,

1. Select col1,col2 from tablename

2. select col1, col2 from tablename where xyzflag = ' '.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I am giving the following query in the SQL Query statement:

<b>SELECT * FROM SAP_PROMOTION WHERE PROM_EMPNO = 30</b>

The field <b>PROM_EMPNO</b> is of type <b>NUMBER</b> in the <b>Oracle</b> Database.

The above query works perfectly when executed from <b>JAVA</b> but in <b>XI</b> it giving the below mentioned error::

<b>Error: Sending query result failed with com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.exception.CPALookupException: Couldn't retrieve binding for the given channelId: Binding:CID=875514bc047b3557a5b53dfb5ef4babe;</b>

Waiting for your reply,

Divija

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divija,

Am as lost as you are with this issue. I have used the JDBC adapter extensively, but never come across this exception.

Maybe OSS is the way to go.

Regards,

Bhavesh