cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Calling webservice from EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a sync webservice from RFC in XI.I can call that web service with SOAPUI client and it gives me response back.

But am not able to call that service from EP Adobe form.

I have created a Bussiness Component (PI7.1) for this.

Please let me know why its happening that I can call a webservice from SOAP client but not from EP.

Regards,

Nidhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem is resolved when I created the URL from Proposed URL option and passed the user id and pswd in URL.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

How you sending Webservice request from EP?? When you are using PI as a middleware to accpet the rerquest from EP,

are you sure the communication between EP and PI perfect?? check the conenction that means how you are connecting EP.you said you defined bussines component.

let me know where you are facing problem.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I have published My Webservice through ID and given the URL and WSDL to EP to be used.I Think I am doing something wrong with making connection only.

When I am creating a webservice what connection is required between EP and PI??

Its a webservice to RFC scenatio so I have taken a Bussiness Component as a sender.Please let me know if this is not the right way of doing.

Regards,

Nidhi

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are sending request from SOAP UI clinet there you give all system details like Service Interface name,SAP System port...name space and some details i gues,when you send request it direclty hits SAP PI Integration server,and PI wil send request to RFC,RFC works as a synchronous ,it replay back response.

When you are sending Webserice request from Enterprise Portal ,EP should in a position to interact with SAP PI server,for that you need to make a conection or comunication.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I am using that standard URL where http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:BussinessCOmponent:Communication Channel

The same URL I am calling from SOAP UI without specifying ne other details and same is called from EP.

Can you pls let ma know how can I make a connection betweeen EP and PI?

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

The url looks ok...

>>Can you pls let ma know how can I make a connection betweeen EP and PI?

There is no need for any special connection settings.. Are you using Business system in EP side? If yes then have you added EP system as a java system in SLD.

1. Also what error are you getting?

2. Compare the payload when you send from EP and SOAPUI, is there any difference?

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

There is no business system at EP side.

EP can actually call webservice as it gives a pop up for ID and PSWD(congigured in Webservice) but nothing happens after that.

Please let me know is this necessary to create a Business system as jaba for EP ??

Regards,

Nidhi

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

>>There is no business system at EP side.

Ok then you have used EP as a sender service

>>EP can actually call webservice as it gives a pop up for ID and PSWD(congigured in Webservice) but nothing happens after that

Have you checked the sender SOAP channel in communication monitoring? IS it showing some message? Also try to get the response status message in EP and see whether you are getting any error status.

>>Please let me know is this necessary to create a Business system as jaba for EP ??

No it is not required

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

Thanks for reply

I am not getting anything in PI box.

Please let me know if there is any other way of doing this.

Experts please help

Edited by: Nidhi Bansal on Nov 23, 2009 12:47 PM