cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export Object using list to my local file

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to do the research on BW Object, such as where has the object used, when I display this object and click the button " where-used list using AWB,i got the detail information about where this object has used, but i do not know how to export this information to my local file. Please advise. Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Junyi,

Did you follow the following procedure..

Double click on the required Infoobject-> switch to edit mode-> Edit menu-> where -used -list -> Here you can try List-> Export (or) Try "Send To:.

Let us know how it goes...

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Junyi,

I believe I might have found the solution to ur query.

Follow below steps:

1.When the where used list appears for the infoobject..click on AWB menu that appears at the top and then click on 'Documentation Window On/Off'.

2.Once clicked system will do some processing and will show all the contents of the where used list in a new window in a nice format.

3.In that new window,on the right hand top u will see a button 'Export to File'.Click on it.

4.In a new window that appears specify the path on ur local PC,where the file should be saved.Sepcify the file name too.

5.The file will be saved on the local PC in .html format.

I tried this and it surely works!

If required open the html file and then convert it in whatever format u want..or do ctrl+A and paste contents into word file.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishvesh,

I got it successfully, thank you very much, thanks everybody

Best Regards

Junyi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Junyi,

Could u kindly assign relevant points.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Havent seen this error earlier..

Has anyone come across this error?

Looks like one for the moderators..

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishvesh

I would like to assign the point, but got error message " Thread is locked for rewarding", how can I do now?

Junyi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Junyi,

Try, selecting that one column alone-> choose "Data" from menu ->Text to column and proceed further bases on instructions there. Let us know what happened.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Thanks for your help, but it is still hard to divide according to it is difficult divided by

"blank" or anyother word. can you have another solution if i want to extract from object using list

Thank you

Junyi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Qian,

One way is to copy the text and put it an Ms-Excel sheet.

Also you can export the page as Html page and refer to it when ever you need.

Hope this helps..

Best Regards,

DMK

*Assign points if it serves your purpose...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DMK

yes, you give me new clue to do it, and i had copied the text and pasted it in excel, but it looks like in one column, I need to divide them, how to do

Thank you

Junyi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

But the save to local file is weak, I can not choose it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try, System-> List-> Save-> Local file

Thanks,

Raj