cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuse DCs in different track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've created a SC(SC1) on a Track(Track1) and a new SC(SC2) on a new Track(Track2).

In the SC2, I need to use some DCs in SC1.

So I try to create track connection.

Is it the right way to solve my situation?

If I am right, what procedures I should do?

I've assembled SC1 on Track1, and when I configure the track connection, I chose "Transport all software components".

Why can't I find the SC1?

Is there something I forgot?

Furthermore, can I see SC1 in my NWDS if my configuration correct?

Tanaks

Allen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen ,

Define SC1 as dependency of SC2 in SLD also.

Regards,

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for ur reply.

After defining dependency in SLD, I saw SC1 in track2 finally.

But I couldn't see DCs in SC1.

As far as I know, I should put SCA file of SC1 in "inbox" and check in track, then I would see those DCs.

My question is that I've created track connection, if I change some DCs in SC1,Can I see those change in track2?

If not, what procedure should I do?

Thanks

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can put SC1 in track 2 inbox or just you can forward SC1 from track1 to track 2 and import into development and consolidation tabs.

whenver you do changes in SC1 in tack 1 , always forward SC1 into track2 with help of track connections and import till consolidation.

Best Regards,

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What you said looks like what I want.

Would you please tell me how to forward SC1 from track1 to track 2?

I only know configuring from "track connection" up to now.

Thanks

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It is just confusion ... it is same like track connection.

If you configure track connections between tracks , it will forward automatically SC from one track to another track.after approving SC

Forwarding is nothing but trackconenctions..

Regards,

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Let me explain it.

I want to see DCs of SC1 in Track2, so I have to put SCA file of SC1 in inbox in Track2.

The SCA file must be some DCs assembled, right?

That means I've developed those DCs.

I export those DCs as a SCA file and put it in Track2. The location is /usr/...../inbox.

After that, I could see the SCA file in "check in" tab in Track2.

Now I can see those DCs of SC1 in my NWDS.

After a few days, I changed some code in SC1 in Track1.

If I don't repeat procedure above, and only configure track connection.

Will it forward automatically SC1 from one track to another?

Thanks

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1) export those DCs as a SCA file and put it in Track2. The location is /usr/...../inbox.

After that, I could see the SCA file in "check in" tab in Track2.After checkin , you need to import the SC in Development and Consolidation tabs.

2)Only configure track connection , If you approve SC1 in Track1 , SC1 from track1 will be available automatically in Track 2 , Development tab . there you can import into development and consolidation tabs

Same result for above both steps. So , for each change in SC1 in track1 , just repeat step 2 mentioned above.

Regards,

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I probably know what you mean.

I've tried the second way, approved SC1 in Track1, but I still can't see DCs in Track1.

In order to see DCs in Track1, should I put SCA file in inbox in Track2 and do both steps everytime?

Furthermore, you mentioned that "SC1 from Track1 will be available automatically in Track 2".

If so, can I see which DCs be added or changed in Track1 without putting SCA file in Track2?

It looks like conflict with mentioned above.

Thanks

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen ,

Track1 SC1 -> APPROVE . After approval , SC1 should appear in Track 2 Development tab if you already configured track connections between Track1 and Track2 .

If SC1 is not available in development tab of Track 2 , please check track connections once again which is source track and which is target track.

If SC1 is available in development tab of Track 2 , import SC1 in development tab and then in consolidation tab also.

Regards,

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, you are exactly right, I've saw what you described.

But when I have finished consolidation, I still can't see DCs in NWDS.

What else should I do?

Thanks

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen ,

You can add SC1 also in Track2 inadditon to SC2 from landscape configurator.

Regards,

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Yes, I've done that, but still not work.

What else should I do?

Thanks

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

after adding SC1 in track2 from landscape configurator...did you checkin and then imported SC1 into development and consolidation tab of track2?

If you did...DCs should appear definitely in my point of view.

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No, I didn't check in SC1 in Track2.

After approving SC1 in Track1, I saw only SC1 in developement tab.

As I said, in order to see DCs in NWDS, I should put SCA file in inbox in Track2, so that it will appear in check-in tab.

But you said "If you approve SC1 in Track1,SC1 from Track1 will be available automatically in Track 2", this makes me confused.

If I need to put SCA file, after I change DCs in Track1, Should I export SCA in Track1 again and put this file in inbox and do check-in in check-in tab in Track2?

The key point is that Everytime when I change file in Track1, Is it necessary to export new SCA and put it in inbox?

Thanks

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen ,

When you configured SC1 track2...at that first time , you need to checkin and import..after that , you can forward using track connection .

Any how you can test with these steps and try to findout whic is giving correct result. Right now I dont have test environment ,so I can not concude.

Regards,

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I understand.

Thanks a lot for your kind help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not really sure. But one more method I would suggest, When you bulid the sc in track 1 you can use assemble the component,

then you can define this component as the dependency component while defining track 2. Now you can use the dc or classes of the first track.

Regards,

Vamshi.