Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms/ SAPScript : Unicode System : Language Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>SMARTFORMS</b>

<b>1.</b> I have created a standard text (through Tcode - SO10) in CHINESE (logon language - EN only). When I call it in my Smart forms it is displaying like boxes (garbage)

<b>2.</b> While creating Text module in Tcode smart forms - when I paste Chinese text in the editor then its displaying in Chinese only and when I click on Back button, it takes me to Ms word editor, here all these texts are displayed as junk.

<b>SAPSCRIPT</b>

In SAP Script form I have created some standard text and I want to display some value against it from database table. These standard text and value in the database table are maintained in CHINESE.

Now the problem is - Value from the database table is displaying as junk (small boxes) and standard texts are displaying properly in CHINESE only.

<b>Note:</b> In internal table (while debugging) it is available in CHINESE only ( both in Sapscript and Smartforms ) but in print preview it is junked.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

ur basis person help u lot.....

1)At the Operating system level install the Chinees language.[Control panel - >Regional and language Option - >language Tab - > Click on Install Files for East Asian languages] If these language already installed then click on Detail and add the Chinese languages[Chinese (PRS) and Chinese(Taiwan).

2) At SAP level click on Customizing of Local layout[Alt+F12] and click on options.Go to tab I18N and click on Activate the multi-byte functionalities to support check box.

3).Take care of the Font while assigning to Character formar or paragraph format. Dont use normal font name. Example of chinese phone "CNSONG".

Regards

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

ur basis person help u lot.....

1)At the Operating system level install the Chinees language.[Control panel - >Regional and language Option - >language Tab - > Click on Install Files for East Asian languages] If these language already installed then click on Detail and add the Chinese languages[Chinese (PRS) and Chinese(Taiwan).

2) At SAP level click on Customizing of Local layout[Alt+F12] and click on options.Go to tab I18N and click on Activate the multi-byte functionalities to support check box.

3).Take care of the Font while assigning to Character formar or paragraph format. Dont use normal font name. Example of chinese phone "CNSONG".

Regards

0 Kudos

Thanks Kishan,

I'm accessing client's desktop from my system , is this setting should be done in this desktop or application server's desktop ? i think its "Application server" and can be done by them/client only...m i right ?

Regards

Kishor

0 Kudos

simple local pc(desktop) operating system level to check that ur requirment is fullfill or not at client site takecare by basis person... .... .....

0 Kudos

You mean this will require to install in all the end user's system's who are accessing this application ??

Regards

Kishor

0 Kudos

i don't know much abt it but know that all these things are takecare by basis person it is better that u consult with ur basis consultant.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

GO THROUGH THESE LINKS ABOUT SO10,I HOPE THIS MAY GIVE YOU SOME MORE IDEA TO CREATE THE STANDARD TEXT.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3f/bd1edf1b9a421da8b84be03c86b301/content.htm

http://www.sap-img.com/basis/transport-guide-tips-for-different-sap-objects.htm

THANKS

MRUTYUN

dharmesh_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nandkishore,

We had this similar problem. In SPAD the printer you use to preview needs to have SWINCF device type. This device type supports unicode fonts.

Regrads

Dharmesh