cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule quantity allocation based on latest delivery date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Could any help me taht hoe can handle the below situation.

We have gone live recently, we having difficulty on the Available to Promise (ATP) functionality of sales orders. The current process has a sales order with multiple scheduled delivery lines for dates upto 13 weeks in the future. However, they will only manufacture the parts demanded in the sales order a few days before shipping. Therefore, at sales order entry, the parts are never available.

Now user as changed the customization settings that turn-off ATP for KB order types.

While I have turned off ATP for KB orders, SAP is still u201Callocatingu201D the available inventory to sales order schedule lines on a FIFO basis as the order is keyed with no apparent consideration to scheduled ship date. All the on-hand inventory appears to be u201Callocatedu201D the first sales order that is keyed. Then when we try to create a delivery for the second sales order entered that wants to ship today, it indicates that you do not have enough to ship.

Now what are the setting we have to do to reallocate the available quantity for the oders which they wanted to ship today.

Please give the suggestion to handle this.

Thanks & Regards,

Jayalakshmi

Edited by: Jayalakshmi Yamanapalli on Nov 10, 2009 6:32 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Basically i think you want to process the backorders (orders which are already created, but not confirmed due to non-availability of stock) based on your priority & not as per FIFO.

You can do this by going to CO06.

Manually you can re-allocate the stock for the sale order you need to process.

thank you

Anirudh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all of your response.

Actually the issue with MTO products. when creating sales order for MTO products, the stock will be posted against sales order stock only irrespective of the schedule dates.

Now my client requirment is for new order which is creating today, he wants ship the phisical existing quantity (which is already allotted to specific sales orders) against this new order.

As per my knowledge it is not possible. My view is we can do transfer posting using 413 movement type as special stock indicator as E. I don't know whether it is a suggestable solution or not.

Could you please let me know for both MTS and MTO products also can we do this through CO06 backorder processing.

Thanks & Regards,

Jayalakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the first Sales Order and change the Schedule line date or Delete the Schedukle lines.

Now the stock will be released.

You can go for the 2nd Sales Order and ship it to Today.

Also, you just create a delivery against the sales order and save without doing PGI. This will reserve the stock. Untill this saved delivery is deleted, the stock cannot be given to any other sale order.

regards

vamshikrishnajm
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you refering to Consignment fill up order ( KB).

Thanks

Vamshi