SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Strange" behaviour in MM41 / MM42 for sale price

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been called to look into a matter but I cannot find a solution so I am turning to you... The retail price calculation is functioning correctly, i.e. the purchase price + markup + rounding (price points) are giving a correct proposed retail price and the user can change the proposed price if he/she wishes. We use VKP5 and it fits my client requirements.

In transaction MM41 and MM42, the retail price calculation is again run and it proposes a correct price, but there is no possibility to modify it manually or overwrite it. Although the fields (final price and gross price) are all maintainable, the user can input a different price but the system is acting as if it does not recognize a change has been done:

1. if there is already a sales price maintained, the system does not issue the pop-up window that another price exists

2. when saving, the system issues a message "no data changed" and indeed the sales price is not saved

In other retail systems I have worked with we were able to save the calculated price or change it (even in the integrated article maintenance, not only in VKP5). I have not been able to find a solution to this and it does not seem to be a known program error as I have not been able to find an OSS note for this (we are working on ECC 6.0)

Any ideas?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

0 Kudos

Hi, did you set the flag "Save Calculated Price" in article master sales view before saving? Without this flag, nothing will happen.

Regards

Andreas

0 Kudos

Yes the flag is set. But what happens is that it saves the calculated price not the one entered by the user.

it is like the system does not understand that there is any modification to the field "final price". By the way the field status of the fields is "optional".

Sotiris

0 Kudos

Hi,

first: there will be no notification if there is an existing price - the existing condition will be overwritten.

second: please be aware, the the actual condition is displayed at the right sight of the article master view ("Current price") not in the calculation ("Final price").

third: maybe the user has no authorization for transaction VKP5 and therefore nothing happens.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

I know that when I go back in the material maintenance I should look at the "current price" field at the right of the screen. And I do not think it is an authorization issue because I have SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW in my profile and still am unable to change the price.

The system keeps issuing the message "no changes made" as though it does not understand that I changed the field.

If anyone has any other hints please spend the time to drop me a line.

Sotiris

0 Kudos

I want to add a new comment on this. When we use the function module WRF_MATERIAL_MAINTAINDATA_RT and fill in the final price in the corresponding structure, the price is stored.

I really cannot understand why I cannot maintain the final price in MM41/42. Please any ideas?

Sotiris

0 Kudos

I found the problem, it is a program error !!

There is an OSS Note (1323295) that solves this. Just for your info this is valid only for the screen sequence 33 in material master (fashion).

I was very close to creating an OSS message but I found the note.

Sotiris