cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the purpose of Action, Monitoring Process and Step Group in PI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed and explored new PI 7.1 EHP1 SP03, but i couln't understand some of the new feature.

Could you please sharing with me what is the purpose of the this objects below in the Enterprise Service Builder

1. Action

2. Monitoring Process

3. Step Group

Please give me some reference document regarding above new objects.

Thank You and Best Regards

Fernand Lesmana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Monitoring Process:

It is nothing but a BPM which is specifically used for monitoring purposes.....can consider it useful in Business Activity Monitoring (BAM).....all the steps and functions are same as in a BPM.....just that it is to be used for monitoring....say if some time limit is exceeded, cost is beyond some level, etc.

Step group:

If you have certain steps occuring in n BPMs (n >1)....and all these steps are same and occur in the same sequence then you can create a template of these steps and just include this template in the respective BPMs at the required places.....this template is called Step Group.

All these are made available from PI7.1 and documents applicable for PI7.1 should also be applicable for PI7.1 EHP1.....SDN has documentations for all the steps that you are looking for.....may be a simple search can give you the required documents.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using Step gorup function we can merge a frequently-used sequence of steps into a step group,there are some couple of advanategs using this .But i neevr implemented refer help document

Reusability:You define a step group once and can insert it into other processes or reuse it several times within a process.

Clarity:In the process definition in the process editor, you can show or hide the steps within a step group.When you hide the steps, only the symbol for the step group remains visible. This allows you to improve the overall clarity and comprehensibility of processes, complicated processes in particular.

to know about action tyep refer belwo link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/c8/6bb5404cc4762ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Raj