cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFQ through ProMan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert

Can i generate RFQs for a purchase requisition in ProMan.

Though i have selected the check box for Inquiry in ProMan Profile, I have not got the option of 'create RFQ'.

Request guidance.

Warm regards

ramSiva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Thanks for reply.

The ProMan profile contains inquiry doc check box along with other orders/docs like PR, PO etc.

Can we make use this to enable creation of RFQ.

In general, project specific requirements will be very specific and volumonous. So, in no circumstance, direct POs are created.

The RFQ is essential.

Please comment on this.

warm regards

ramSiva

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I belive that is SD Inquiry.

Regards

Nitin p.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Proman profile contains the information which orders and documents are to be read and which overviews are to be displayed. So it doesnt mean that you can create RFQ using those check boxes.

i didnt see any information of creating RFQ in PROMAN in SAP HELP, So I believe you cannot.

You can check this link to see the list of functions that can be executed in PROMAN http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/f4/19572b144b2b4da2a260017d595427/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

ProMan is intended for inward procurements, i believe.

warm regards

ramSiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

you are right Project procurements are specific & volumunous and RFQs plays a vitel role in Project oriented Procurement.The Check box which you see in the profile also refers to RFQ only.

As i mentioned in my earlier post, through promann you can generate PR and with referance to that PR you can generate RFQ in ME41.When you do so, you can view the list of RFQs in the Order/Docs tab page of PROMAN against that specific PR.But I dont think you can generate a RFQ directly in PROMAN.

Normally the better way of handling this is we will defina a seperate doc type for Project related RFQs, wherein the project engineers are involved in the Quotation analysis process.Apart from that there will be another RFQ doc type which will be used by the Procurement department for their Stores related(stock items) materials.Through proper authorisation matrix we will control the acess of the T Code ME41.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Marias, The same is for RFQ. Ravi thanks for the detailed explanation & correcting my understanding.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per i knew,RFQ(Request for quotation),this scenario will hits in MM .

I hope this option it is not available in PROMAN.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra

Thanks for the reply.

We can generate PO through ProMan. Similar to this there are other scenarios those hit MM (ex: post goods issue).

warm regards

ramSiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

You cannot directly generate a RFQ thru PROMAN.

You can generate a PR thru PROMAN and in ME41 you can generate an RFQ with referance to that PR.